Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New Machine Tips

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
BobBob12345

New Machine Tips
Original Message   Dec 6, 2005 11:46 pm
I am going to buy the Ariens 7524E or the Ariens 926LE tomorrow (havn't made up my mind yet).  I live in Syracuse, NY.  I have been reading some posts in this forum and have got alot of good info.  I have come accross some posts talking about "tips" I could use further clarification on.  Can someone elaborate on the items below.

Break in period (how long, what does this include)

Break in adjustment (what does this include for the machines I am looking at)

Changing oil after break in (how long, what type of oil)

Waxing the machine (wax what, any special type of wax)

Lubing the chute (with what)

Running the impeller before shut down (does this need to be done each time, how long)

It is important to get an OHV engine (elaborate)

Thans in advance to anyone able to help me out.

Bob

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
BobBob12345

Re: New Machine Tips
Reply #3   Dec 7, 2005 8:41 am
Thank you BBgarage and Jonathan for the info.

Bob

Jwcamp

Re: New Machine Tips
Reply #4   Dec 7, 2005 9:49 am
Bob,

I would go with any extra horsepower you can get. ;-)

Bob question: Waxing the machine (wax what, any special type of wax)?

I just use an automotive car wax (some people use Pledge spray).

Bob question: Lubing the chute (with what)?

Some people spray LPS-3 in the chute, and I have heard of using silicone spray.  I do not use any, but at the end of the season I’ll re-paint or spray lithium grease in my Honda's metal chute.

Bob question: Running the impeller before shut down (does this need to be done each time, how long)?

I think the main thing is not to have your impeller be jammed with snow or slush, and having it freezing up on you.

My new machine tips: extra shear pins/bolts, correctly adjusted skid shoes, and scraper bar, never-seize the impellers and augers, never-seize the wheel axles and I also like to have a yellow headlight on my blowers.

Good Luck,

John

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42