Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Carb leaking gas Toro 7/24

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rk055

Carb leaking gas Toro 7/24
Original Message   Dec 3, 2005 3:15 pm
Hello I hope one of the experts can help me. We have a Toro snowblower 7/24 Model 38050 that we bought new back in 1981 I believe. It has been a work horse all these years and almost problem free until now. It leaks gas from the carb BUT I can stop the leak by using the shut off valve.

I did the following: I replaced  the inlet needle - seat- clip and clip, float and also a new gasket around the bowl. Well it still LEAKS gas.

I gave up on it for now and just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Maybe I installed the new seat in wrong? I made sure it went up all the way is that right? I cannot see anything else that would cause  this problem unless I have the wrong parts in??? I used a kit 631920 for the inlet assmb'ly.  Anytthoughts would be most helpful, I still can use it but will have to use the shutoff after I finish each time.

Ray
Replies: 13 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
rk055

Re: Carb leaking gas Toro 7/24
Reply #13   Dec 6, 2005 4:46 pm
I just get concerned about snapping the bolt or bolts as it is 25 years with not being taken off.  But will give it a try when it get warmer.

I lost my original manual for this toro 7/26, Model 38050, I see that some of you have the manual? Any way if I pay for a copy would someone be kind enough to make me a copy?? It would help  so much, I have all my other ones but a few years back I think it was moved in the garage and I have been searching ever since.

Ray
rk055

Reply #14   Dec 7, 2005 6:10 pm
Can any one help with a copy  of a manual for my 7/26 #38050 snowblower? IIf anyone can copy at least the carb info and pictoral if any I will pay for the copies. If anyone can I will give a PO Box they can send to.

Ray
Majorxlr8n

Reply #15   Dec 7, 2005 6:24 pm
Ray - go to www.toro.com & have your model & serial numbers handy. Sometimes they're free, but if not they are cheap. I have a link for a Tecumseh manual that I will PM to you later when I get to work (I don't have it handy)

Marty

Majorxlr8n

Reply #16   Dec 8, 2005 1:22 am
Ray - you have a PM with the link...

Marty

Replies: 13 - 16 of 16Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42