Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Initial Prep - Ariens 7524E

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
wyatteurp

Initial Prep - Ariens 7524E
Original Message   Dec 6, 2005 3:25 pm
Snowblowers are selling like hotcakes on Long Island, NY.  I ended up with a Ariens 7524E Compact from Home Depot still in the factory shipping box.  Assembly was very simple and I had the unit running in 1/2 hours.  Had a few questions:

1. After the initial break-in period, can I switch the oil to automotive Mobil 1 (5w-30) or is there a special synthetic 4 stroke oil?
2. Everything is working fine so far, what should parts should I inspect and re-adjust? I hate to bring this back to an authorized dealer right now.
3. Since we dont get much snow and the snowblower may sit unused can I run Fuel Stabilzer all the time or will it harm the engine?

This forum has been very helpful, thanks in advance.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
solara

Re: Initial Prep - Ariens 7524E
Reply #1   Dec 6, 2005 4:59 pm
"and your new blower ...you should put stabilizer in your fuel when you purchase it. and then when you are finished with it ,which we never know until its to late you are already done.

later chris"

words i live by

2004-2005 Ariens 11528LE
Jacobsen snow-burst
Majorxlr8n

Reply #2   Dec 6, 2005 7:30 pm
Congrats on your new toy! I'll answer your questions:

1. DEFINITELY. Synthetic flows more easilly at cold temps & provides better lubrication at startup. Change it after you have run the machine for its initial 2 hours.

2. You may have to adjust the auger & traction belts. The procedure should be outlined in your manual. Also, make sure you lube those auger shafts and wheel axles at the beginning & end of each season. You will thank me if you ever have to remove them for repairs down the road. Again, follow your manual and try to adhere to a strict following of all the outlined lubrication points!

3. The fuel stabilizer should not hurt the engine or affect its performance.

You bought a great machine! Best of luck with it! - Marty

wally

Reply #3   Dec 8, 2005 4:38 am
Stabilized fuel , in my experience, should be the ONLY type used anymore....for outboards, we used to use the "run it out" technique...now I'm told by my marine mechanic that this is less desireable .... put the machine away "wet" with double stabilizer... and always run the outboard with stabilizer in the gas.  (BTW... I have five outboards... two four-stroke and three two-stroke),,, and I took three semesters of Marine and Small Engine Repair (decided I needed to find out all the bad habits I had developed over the previous 40 years) and the instructor swears by using stabilizer 100% of the time.  When you fill a tank or can, stabilizer is added!!!  That's my experience.

*(:>)*

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42