Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 10 Hp Briggs &Stratton flooding with oil in the fuel

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
ranger1

10 Hp Briggs &Stratton flooding with oil in the fuel
Original Message   Dec 4, 2005 5:21 pm
Hi !!  can anyone help I have a 1999 10 HP Briggs & Stratton on a 28" riding mower It has been starting and running fine ,But today it will start but after a few minutes it just loads up with fuel and chokes out and dies And the fuel seems to have oil in it My question is how is the oil getting in  with The fuel I know the float can be stuck and loading up But how about the oil ? Could I have worn or broken rings.Any  answers out there ....thanks .Ranger1
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
wally

Re: 10 Hp Briggs &Stratton flooding with oil in the fuel
Reply #1   Dec 4, 2005 6:15 pm
If perhaps you had been driving for a sustained period on a terrace or face of a hill...or had the machine jacked up on one side for maintenance ... these could cause a problem.  If NOT, you're probably looking at a strip-down to figure out exactly what's wrong.  But it sure doesn't sound healthy!!!   Sorry!!!

*(:>)*

JohnEDavies

Reply #2   Dec 5, 2005 11:45 am
ranger1 wrote:
And the fuel seems to have oil in it My question is how is the oil getting in  with The fuel I know the float can be stuck and loading up But how about the oil ? Could I have worn or broken rings.Any  answers out there ....thanks .Ranger1

How did you determine that there was oil in the gas? Does it have a slippery residue when you rub some between your fingers? Put some fresh fuel in and see what happens.

The flooding is likely due to a carb problem. Try fresh gas first, then check and clean, and rebuild if necessary, the carb.

John Davies
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #3   Dec 5, 2005 1:10 pm
Problem - needle is sticking in carb. allowing fuel to run into the base.  Seen this alot this summer in many lawn tractors.  Remove carb and clean and replace needle and seat.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42