Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > How many inches before

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
poorshoeless

How many inches before
Original Message   Dec 2, 2005 8:57 pm
Evening all,

I have a dumb question.  How many inches of snow before you start up the snow blower? 
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
JohnEDavies

Re: How many inches before
Reply #1   Dec 3, 2005 10:28 am
It all depends on your situation and the weather forcast. You have to decide what works best for you.

I usually clear a narrow path for the cars early in the morning, regardless of the snow depth, to prevent the snow from packing into ice. If there is less than an inch I just use a shovel. I HATE chipping ice!

If the storm is going to end by mid-day, I wait and clear everything in the afternoon. There is no point in doing the job twice, unless you just enjoy doing it, which some guys do....  I would rather ski or do other productive chores.

If more snow is forcast, I completely clear the driveway ASAP to prevent extra accumulation and to give it a chance to dry out, and any ice to sublime. The city plows my street the day after a major event, so I have to re-do the last 6 feet of my driveway to clear the EOD.

It seems to be an endless process.

John Davies
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42