Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Debating Airens 5520E or 7520E...HD Coupons?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
MuskyHunter

Debating Airens 5520E or 7520E...HD Coupons?
Original Message   Nov 28, 2005 7:52 pm
I've read many threads on this site about compact machines being under powered so now I'm second guessing my decision for a 5520E.  My driveway is approximately 3 cars wide by 3 cars long and I live in midwest where it doesn't snow like Buffalo.  I initially thought I would spend about $450 on a single stage since I feel guilty about not shoveling such a small driveway.  Then I realized what I really dislike about shoveling is the EOD pile.  I can't imagine a single stage would do a good job at the EOD.  That's how I decided on a 2-stage.  Piling another $150 onto the problem I realized I could get a Ariens 5520 for $599.  I didn't opt for the 7524 because it was $310 over what I orginally set out to spend and the 5520 appeared capable siting there in the store, especially considering my small drive. 

Since we don't get more than a couple large storms, mostly small storms that add up over the season I want to believe the 5520 can handle my small driveway.  Is this sound logic or am I being penny wise, pound foolish?

I read another post on this site that stated they saved 10% at Home Depot on their Ariens purchase with one of the many coupons they have or something to that extent.  I called my local HD to inquire about a coupon.  They told me I could save 10% if I got their credit card but that was it.  Does anyone know of any other HD coupons available without having to take their credit card?  the additional 10% would make the 7524 more palletable for me.

Thank you.

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
DaveNH

Re: Debating Airens 5520E or 7520E...HD Coupons?
Reply #3   Nov 28, 2005 9:48 pm
You can buy HD coupons on ebay for about a buck each. Seems they are contractor coupons and they do work. Good luck.

Dave

Snowmann

Re: Debating Airens 5520E or 7520E...HD Coupons?
Reply #4   Nov 29, 2005 8:17 pm
These coupons are available by mail if you go to their website and tell them you're moving. 10% off up to $2000.

https://www.homedepotmoving.com/sign_up.do?action=SignUp&regMode=10percent

Replies: 3 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42