Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 926DLE Pro Vs. Ariens 926LE Delux vs. Ariens 11528 LE

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Paul3804

YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!!!!

Ariens 926DLE Pro Vs. Ariens 926LE Delux vs. Ariens 11528 LE
Original Message   Nov 15, 2005 12:20 pm
Just took delivery on my Ariens 926 DLE Pro.  After a few weeks of research, I must say this site helped me out the most.  Nothing better than the input from users that went through the same process I am now going through.  The purchase of a snowblower maybe a smaller purchase than a car, but it's acually a longer term purchase of  15-20yrs or more.  This is what helped justify the extra $400 for the PRO model over Delux.  $20 year for the 5 extra features -  OHV, REMOTE lockout w/differential, cast iron gearbox, bigger tires, & heavier skid shoes.  Thease are all very functional improvements & not just extra bells& whistles that make it well worth the extra money!  This ruled out the 926 LE.  Then I saw the 11528 LE had the OHV & the remote lockout, but I didn't think I needed the extra girth of that machine not to mention it only has the Aluminum gearbox.  I have a  2 car wide concrete drive about 50 feet long &  will definately be cleaning the neighbors sidewalks. EOD  should be a breeze this year.  I usually dread hearing the snow plows rumbling down the street. Now it will be music to my ears.  They really do a great job in my area keeping the streets plowed.  I have had my Toro 200s for 15 years & my dad had it for 10-12 yrs before he gave it to me.  It has given me good service, but time to move on to the real deal!! I'm not getting any younger.  The differential w/ trac control will come in handy as I age.   I paid $1400+ tax delivered.  My dealer was great to deal with!  I found out that most of the  area dealers I spoke with do not move much on price.  Still way better to deal with than Home Depot, especially for futue servicing.   I really think I made the right decision & want to THANK all you guys that gave input on the various posts that I read in reference to the 926DLE pro.   I never thought I'd say this but , I cannot wait for our first snow in Buffalo, NY !!  BRING IT ON OLD MAN WINTER!!!!!!    ORANGE CRUSH AWAITS!!!!!  

Thanks again,

Paul

Ariens 926 DLE Pro, Excell/Honda Power Washer, Craftsman 22in LM 
Replies: 9 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Paul3804

Re: Ariens 926DLE Pro Vs. Ariens 926LE Delux vs. Ariens 11528 LE
Reply #9   Nov 16, 2005 11:03 am
gary31570 wrote:
Paul,

Thanks for a very informative post - and doing all the engineering for me.
Also, to many others on this discussion board have contributed to my knowledge.

We live on the eastside of Cleveland, just where the snowbelt begins. We have a gravel driveway, about 1 1/2 car widths, with a loop, about 100 yrds. The comments re EOD impressed me as this is where I have the greatest difficulty with the village and county snowplows.

With a new HD credit card, one of the stores in my area will give a 10% discount on my first purchase, but I do not believe they sell the Pro.
However, based on what you are saying about the Pro, I call my local dealer for the Pro as I saw the LE there for $999 - same price as HD. I will call two other dealers, but suspect all of them will charge the same price for the DLE Pro. If I can get it for the $1,400 plus tax, delivered, then I will be in your club.

Thanks to everyone who shares their knowledge.

Gary

Gary,
HD does not sell the PRO models.  I think its because they are not certified dealers??. They cannot service or even put gas in them! I need to speak w/ someone who really knows these machines & works on them.  Those are the guys that can give you valuable info to make your decision. Thats what you find at the dealers.  Ask to speak with a service tech. They respect the fact that you've done your homework & researched on your own- & just confirm what you have learned.  I put it all together & go with my gut!  I hope you can grab a DLE for $1400 + Tax in Cleaveland.   Not trying to spend your $ but as I said in my earlier post, you keep your snowblower longer than your car.  Easier to justify a few extra $ spent over 15-20 years.  Its hard to compare 926DLE to 926LE. no DIFF/  :L-head motor. I think its easier to compare to 11528LE even though it is a larger machine, but it has diff (but no trac control) & OHV engine.  Then its even easier to justify 100-200 price diff to upgrade to 926DLE.   You must get some good snowfalls off the lake like us in Buffalo!  Let me know how you make out!!

Good Luck-   GO PRO!!!!!!

Paul

gary31570

Life is a journey, enjoy the ride.

Reply #10   Nov 16, 2005 12:53 pm
Paul,

Thanks. I am between a rock & hard place. I did not think HD sold the PRO models. Here is the hard place: no Pro models at my favorite dealer, Marshall Equipment. BUT, he called the factory and can order one, yet the build date is Dec 15. And the salesman said that is no guarantee; however, I do not think Ariens would give him a date, if it were not reasonably accuate. The dealer said he has some 11528 LE coming in soon; tells me they are the same, except the transmission. BUT, I have my mind on the PRO. The other kicker is MSRP of $1,549. That is not the issue as I would pay him the $ for the PRO as he knows he can get it.
As you say "we keep our snowblowers longer than your car. Easier to justify a few extra $ spent over 15-20 years. Its hard to compare 926DLE to 926LE. no DIFF/ :L-head motor. I think its easier to compare to 11528LE even though it is a larger machine, but it has diff (but no trac control) & OHV engine. Then its even easier to justify 100-200 price diff to upgrade to 926DLE. " I agree with you.

For the 11528LE, he want the MSRP of $1,449. So the issue is order the Pro for $100 more and pray it comes in by Christmas, and we do not get that much lake effect snow. I agree with you 100% to look at equiment over the long haul; even if it is ten years, the depreciaton is only $150 per year. But the initial outlay is big dollars.

Of couse, $1,500 would pay for a lot of professional plowing, but who wants that. I am retired and need the exercise, along with the fresh air and sunshine. Although Cleveland had the most snow in a long time last winter, I think you get more snow in Buffalo.

Should I still order the PRO? (which is what I am favoring)

Gary,
or email me the name of the Buffalo dealer, I will call him, then drive up to get the PRO - and buy you a beer.
p.s. some Buffalo friend brought so Salen <g> hot dogs to our working dog club in Greenville, PA. Ummm good.

Cleveland,, OH
Paul3804

Reply #11   Nov 16, 2005 1:53 pm
Gary,

I honestly would still go with the PRO & I think most would agree.  If you check out my reply to Faithful Frank I posted the info on the 2 dealers I would reccommend & I believe they have several 926DLE's avail.  Tell them your situation & feel free to use my name.  Maybe the'll give you the same deal!!!  I believe you would still be able to service it at your local dealer! Did you check any dealers in Erie or Pittsburgh?? Check the Ariens site under Dealer Locater!

Looks like our first snow is scheduled for tonight.  7 in S of Buf, but I am North of the city in Amherst.  We may only get a couple inches, but I'm raring to go!!!!  

Good luck,

Paul  

newjerseybt

You want it done right?...You better learn how to do it yourself!

Ariens 1128DLE
Ariens 8526LE
Honda HRC216
Bosch 3221L
Craftsman DYT4000
Stihl FS90R

Reply #12   Nov 17, 2005 11:11 am
I have the 1128DLE that I bought in 2003. It also has the 12v battery start which is handy but is not really needed as it starts
real easy. What is amazing is the power of these machines. I fill all 23.5 inches of chute and go through plowed snow "end wise" and the engine does not slow in the slightest. The trick when using these heavy machines is to let the engine do all of the work.
The biggest mistake I made was dragging machine backwards when it has 2 reverse speeds. You do dumb things at first.

gary31570

Life is a journey, enjoy the ride.

Reply #13   Nov 17, 2005 12:34 pm
Paul,

Strange, but get this: Your friend, John at Aqua has a PRO with my name on it!. My dog and I are driving in my truck to Buffalo tomorrow to pick it up. I have always liked to deal with individuals, and since you gave me two names and phone numbers, I decided to call the person who sold you your PRO.

Ater John told me he has a few, (price was $1,499 - I never have really been able to negotiate on price as once I have made up my mind on the item, I try to get the best price; also, you were dealing face-to-face with both Dan & John, have developed a keen business sense over the years to get last year's price. Fro me, with the snow coming, and wanting the PRO, I was grateful that he had one in stock and did not charge me MSRP, or the special order add-on I was paying her with a December 14 build date.

Then, I called my Clevealnd Ariens dealer who placed the order yesterday, requesting that he cancel it as I had found one in Buffalo. I called John back for driving directions. I will use the Cleveland dealer for service.

Here is the reason I called Aqua and not dealers in Erie or Pittsburg: " I actually purchased from Aqua because they were closer to me. I dealt with John. Very knowledgable & great to deal with."

My thanks to you, Paul for making this an enjoyable purchase that will last a long time. As I have fun with the Cleveland snow this winter, my thoughts will return to the buying process and the helpful discussion forum we have at Abbys.

Gary

Cleveland,, OH
Paul3804

Reply #14   Nov 17, 2005 1:48 pm
Gary,

Congrats on your purchase of 926DLE PRO!  You made a good decision & I'm glad you were able to hook with the guys @ Aqua.  They will set you up right!!!!!

We just had a snow storm last night, but it was in the south towns (Hamburg & Orchard Park).  They got like up to 2 feet and I got none. Not happy about that!!!!!

Hope its OK traveling for you tomorrow!   I will E-mail you my # if you want to grab a Salens hot dog!  They are the BEST!!!!!!    I only live 5 min from Aqua!

Good Luck with PRO machine.  I may have to throw mine on my trailer & take a ride to see my Aunt in Hamburg---- DYING FOR SOME ACTION!!!!!

This site is AWESOME-  valuable decision making tool.  

Thanks again guys!!!

Paul

Replies: 9 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42