Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 926 DLE (Pro) or Ariens 11528 LE (Deluxe)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
wxhall

Ariens 926 DLE (Pro) or Ariens 11528 LE (Deluxe)
Original Message   Nov 14, 2005 7:29 pm
Hello again. I recently posted a thread comparing the 926 LE and the 926 DLE  [url]http://www.abbysguide.com/ope/discussions/17626-0-1.html[/url]. Well, I went to several dealers. I feel with our weather and my back, I think the traction control with differential remote lockout is really important, so that eliminates the 926 LE (Deluxe). I also saw the Ariens 11528 LE at the dealer. Comparing the 926 DLE versus the 11528 LE, what are the big differences? I've looked at ariens.com. Which one gets you the better bang for the buck? Which one is the better buy? Thanks, in advance, for your help again. I really appreciate it!Laughing
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
JohnEDavies

Re: Ariens 926 DLE (Pro) or Ariens 11528 LE (Deluxe)
Reply #1   Nov 15, 2005 11:07 am
You have just answered your own question.....

If the diff is important to you - simple choice. Get the DLE. The bigger machine gives you a little more power and a slightly wider path, but you lose the diff and cast iron gear case. The bigger machine will be a little less easy to maneuver and store due to the bigger size. The differences in features are small, as is the price difference. Get the DLE.

If the engine power is a major factor, you can probably tweak the 9.0 engine to match the output of the 11.5 - the specs are practically identical - bore, stroke, rpm, etc. But my experience and others' shows the 9.0 to be plenty capable.

BTW the DLE now has a remote control for the diff lockout - much handier than havingto stick your face into the exhaust stream to fumble with a knob!! I complained about that last year, both here and directly via email to Ariens,  when I first used my 926DLE. Maybe they listened!!!! Wonder if they offer a retro fit kit?

GET THE DLE!

John Davies
nibbler

Reply #2   Nov 15, 2005 9:44 pm
I did some calculations last year and the difference between a 26 and a 28 inch swath came out to about one swath on an "average width" ( my guess) driveway. The problem was you ended up at the bottom of the driveway and had to come back anyway. Essentially there was no real gain. The other thing that I seem to remember is that the Pro models have a slightly higher ground speed which translates into finishing the driveway quicker since a higher linear speed lets you cover more ground faster. Being able to turn quickly will also helps on short driveways, then it becomes a matter of how fast and easily you can turn the chute.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #3   Nov 15, 2005 10:45 pm
John,
I already asked Ariens about that retro kit......I'd love to have that trigger.....Paul said no can do....   Oh well.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42