Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 1128 Snow Blower question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
moomoo

Ariens 1128 Snow Blower question
Original Message   Nov 8, 2005 12:16 pm
Hi,

I just bought a slightly used Ariens 1128 (#924121) and read a few posts that some people needed to get the 'Snow Chute Blow-by Modification'.  What exactly is that and what does it do?  I'm just wondering if it's something I would need.

Thank you!

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Re: Ariens 1128 Snow Blower question
Reply #1   Nov 8, 2005 12:59 pm
Hi moomoo,
Welcome.  Congrats on picking up a nice snowblower.  If I remember correctly that was a SLIGHT problem that was solved on the last model year.  It was basically when you had the crank, (chute) turned all the way to the right, you would get a bit of powdery snow blow back at you.  The fix was a plate that attached to that right side of the chute.....not a big deal, but if needed I believe Ariens will send it to you.

Ariens number is 1-800-472-8359   Have your model and serial number ready for them.  you can also check their website, or e-mail them at info@ariens.com

The newer blowers, (this years newest ones) have a 200 degree chute rotation instead of the older 220 degree rotation last years and previous had.

Snowmann frequents this forum and will chime in if I have accidently given you any bad info here.....

Clean her up and get her ready for the snow!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
MountainMan

Overpowered is Usually Adequate

Reply #2   Nov 8, 2005 7:32 pm
Moomoo, I was part of the investigation and fix for that blow-by problem. It was a anoying problem where snow would miss the chute and be blown toward the operator. Was most previlent in dry powdery snow on windy days. It was discoverd on my then new 2003 machine, a 1128 pro, where you have the standard model.

Not everybody reported it, but enough that a bolt on baffle was created to adress the problem.

As Frank stated. contact Ariens, and see if your machine was affected. it is a simple 2 minute fix if you do indeed need it.

And congrats on a Fine snowblower purchase.

Ariens 1128PRO- Honda Generator_ Husky 480-257 Jonsered 2050Turbo- Shindiawa T2500 SCAG Mower -little wonder blower-Sears track blower-Coleman Generator- Bombadier ATV-Stihl HS-45 Etc-Etc-Etc
moomoo

Reply #3   Nov 10, 2005 2:32 pm
Thank you very much!  I really appreciate your help. 

Glad to hear that I made a good purchase.  It seems to be in great condition, except that it sometimes jerks when in motion.  I'm guessing it's just an adjustment that needs to be done.

Now let's just hope it snows... but not too much.

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42