Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Toro 2450 vs Toro 3650

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jbrook10

Toro 2450 vs Toro 3650
Original Message   Nov 7, 2005 7:33 pm
I live in the Chicago land area and in the market for a snowthrower.  I have had many co-workers reccomend the Toro 3650 to me as an excellent choice.  The problem I am having is that I have some Gift cards and coupons that would cover the entire cost at Home Depot, and they seem to only carry the 2450 in the store.  Does anyone have any reason why I should hold out for the 3650 over the 2450?

The differences between the two are a 1.5hp and the 3650 has a handle to turn the chute that is a little easier to use.

Thanks for your input and expertise.

Jeremy

Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Walt

Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. -T. Roosevelt

Re: Toro 2450 vs Toro 3650
Reply #2   Nov 8, 2005 5:36 am
I haven't used the 2450, although I have a 3650 and love it.  I personaly like the chute crank.  I have also heard of 1 persons sticking, althoughh nobody elses.

I wanted the extra power, although never using a 2450, I don't know if I needed it.

They are both great machines.  I posted a review on mine on another site.

Good luck with whatever you decide.  Toro does make great blowers.

Walt

machXS1

Reply #3   Nov 9, 2005 9:45 pm
I live in the Chi-land area & just picked up the 3650 after deciding between it and the 2450. I was going to get the latter, but the rebate pushed me to the 3650. I haven't had the chance to blow any snow yet (good thing) so I cannot comment on its performance with the fluffly stuff. The B&S engine does fire up on the first or second pull, as advertised. Just get a good set of ear plugs!

I know it's a 2 cycle engine and that 2 cycle's vibrate more, but is it normal for the blower to turn to the right just from the engine vibrations while the augur is not engadged? I also noticed that the crank will sometimes rotate on its own from the engine vibration, but this seems to be a minor inconvience for having the ability to control it via the crank. Otherwise, the 2450 would probably be just fine and some like the manual chute since it doesn't rotate due to vibrations during operation. The Toro specs show the 3650 able to throw 1800 vs 1700lbs of snow 5' farther, under ideal conditions, so you will probably never notice the extra 1.5hp.  

LordVader

Reply #4   Nov 10, 2005 11:50 pm
The 3650 is a better machine for where you live.  Do you want me to convince you to buy a less than adequate machine for where you live?
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42