Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > engine start problem

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
lansard

engine start problem
Original Message   Nov 3, 2005 4:16 pm
I have a 2003 MTD garden tractor with a 25 hp B and S OHV  Intek engine...when I turned off the engine after a few hours use it made a large noise...never heard that noise ever before and it sort of startled me....this morning I went to start the mower and all it does is turn over...the spark is good and so is the compression....fuel is getting through judging by the smell and wettness on the spark plug....I am at a loss...does anyone have any ideas as to what is wrong...I thought maybe one of the safety features got hung up or something like that, but that wouldn't explain the large bang I heard when I shut off the motor....any advice would be appreciated.....
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
racingpast

A parts replacer is not a mechanic!

A good mechanic is a good find indeed!

Purchase from those who service what they sell & actually know what they are doing.

Re: engine start problem
Reply #1   Nov 29, 2005 12:06 pm
You say the engine made the noise after you turned it off? I would suggest removing the sparkplug & shining a flashlight in the hole while rotating the engine. You have big problems if the piston is not going up & down. If the piston is moving, a compression test is the next step. Be sure to check the compression dry & then recheck it wet.
Replies: 1 - 1 of 1View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42