Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Ariens 926 LE (Deluxe) or Ariens 926 DLE (Pro)

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
wxhall

Ariens 926 LE (Deluxe) or Ariens 926 DLE (Pro)
Original Message   Nov 3, 2005 3:22 pm
OK.  I've read many posts about Ariens being a good model to go with.  I now am not sure which model to choose.  I live in Baldwinsville, NY (Northwest of Syracuse) which averages about 120-140 inches of snow per season (lots of lake effect snow).   I have a 45  foot paved driveway which is about 2 to 2.5 cars wide.  I guess the best model for my money is probably the Ariens.  But I am trying to figure out if it is worth it to go with another $500 and get the pro ($1000 vs. $1500).  I know what the differences are (OHV engine versus L-Head... the differential turning, etc).  I'll throw this in to.  I have a very bad back (L5-S1 disc degeneration) so I can't shovel anymore.  I need to get a snowblower that I can use without hurting myself and which my wife can use if I am in bad shape.  Any and all help is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
AZinOH

Those who accept self-deception will perish by it.
Shakespeare said "to thine own self be true".

Re: Ariens 926 LE (Deluxe) or Ariens 926 DLE (Pro)
Reply #1   Nov 3, 2005 5:09 pm
A good dealer would let you test drive both. Try them and find out which one is best for you.

Snowblower...Toro Power Max 726te 2004

Lawn tractor...AYP w/ 14.5 Briggs-42in 2000

TheKneebiter

Reply #2   Nov 3, 2005 5:40 pm
No question The dle Pro. If you want to be able to turn the unit without fighting it and ease of operation the Dle is the only way to go.  You will kick yourself if you save $500 and  you use it and find yourself fighting the machine to turn it. Spend the extra. You will always have it and wont be sorry. Dont forget the cast iron gearbox . Thats also a plus .

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #3   Nov 6, 2005 8:33 am
wxhall,
I agree with both of the guys above.....Try both.  You can see from the brochure that there are basically 5 differances between them....

1) L head engine vs. OHV
2) bigger tires
3) cast iron gearbox
4) heaver skidshoes
5)    TRACTION CONTROL WITH REMOTE LOCKOUT vs. pin lock

Those differences are easily worth the extra in my opinion.  If you plan on having and using this for 20 years, whats an extra $25 a year, and higher resale value.
With a bad back, You will LOVE the traction control.......it can be explained, you just have to use it to know it is worth every penny.  I have it, I know. 

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42