Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Brand new Ariens 7524 does not sit squarely on the floor

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
nursedaddy

Brand new Ariens 7524 does not sit squarely on the floor
Original Message   Oct 29, 2005 8:55 am
Sounds like a rhyme... anyway, the new 7524 I brought home yesterday sits on a level garage floor with the left side (from operator standpoint) of the auger intake housing about a half inch off the floor. I checked tire pressure, and they're both the same. I also undid the skid bolts to let the scraper bar hold the unit up and you can easily see where it's higher on the left than the right. Do you fine fellows (especially PK) think there's something I can do myself, or do I need to lug it back to the shop I bought it from?

Thanks in advance,

ND
Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
nursedaddy

Re: Brand new Ariens 7524 does not sit squarely on the floor
Reply #4   Oct 29, 2005 3:46 pm
OK, the dealer made it all right. I huffed the thrower into the back of the minivan, and brought it to the dealer. He started to dismiss a few things, and tell me it was "Mickey Mouse" stuff I was talking about, but he got where I was coming from when I explained that the money I paid for this unit yesterday was a significant outlay for me right now, and that I was concerned that maybe I bought the wrong machine, given that it's brand new but misaligned and the paint is peeling off the auger's shaft, as well as one of the rubber pads that stop the control lever from chewing the handle bar was missing. At that point he told me not to worry, that he'd take care of any of my concerns under warranty. He had one of his guys redo the skid adjustment, got it level, and then showed me that depending on where you park it, it's gonna teeter a little bit because floors and the way the tires are mounted change things. OK, fine. Then I asked him if he had any orange paint for the scratch on the housing, and he gave me a whole spray can "for my troubles". He told me he was going to order a bunch of the rubber pads on the handlebars and that I should stop buy and pick some up when I'm in the neighborhood.

I'm satisfied now. NOW LETS SEE SOME SNOW!!! I'VE GOT SOME THROWING TO DO!!! (It's not coming next week, that's for sure, they're calling for mid-60's here... bummer ;-) )
Replies: 4 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42