Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > TORO CR20

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
capz

If you cant find Nemo, just tell him you were high...He'll understand....

TORO CR20
Original Message   Mar 31, 2005 11:08 pm
Hey.  I just found a TORO CR20 and i was wondering if it was worth it for me to fix it.  I also wanted to know how much HP it has and what type of engine.  Thanks.

÷ .C.a.p.z. ÷

Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
captinr

Re: TORO CR20
Reply #3   Oct 26, 2005 5:23 pm
Hey all,

Picked up a used CR20 in good condition. Starts easy but will only run with the choke on. Any thoughts?
Thanks
Majorxlr8n

Reply #4   Oct 26, 2005 7:05 pm
Capt - it needs a carb cleaning. There is a bowl at the carb's bottom & a bolt holds it on. Put a rag under the bowl & remove the bolt (drain the fuel tank 1st). There are small holes in the bolt that must be cleared out with a small wire or broom bristle. Get a can of carb cleaner & clean it good. That should get you running.

Marty

TomP

Once you go Mac you never go back!

Reply #5   Oct 30, 2005 8:01 pm
I agree with Marty that the carb needs cleaning. I usually take the entire carb off and clean out everything. If I were to take a guess I would say the problem is the high speed jet has some pluggage. I would take the high speed jet out (right screw) and spray some carb cleaner in the hole. Screw the jet back in and come out 3/4 of a turn. Marty knows more about equipment than I do so I would do this if Marty's solution doesn't work.

Snow Team:

Simplicity 1060 DLXE - Toro Snow Commander / 3650 - Honda HS520
Replies: 3 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42