Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Kubota Lawn Tractors...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Kubota Lawn Tractors...
Original Message   Aug 3, 2005 10:01 am
Hi...

Any 1st-hand use/knowledge or 3rd party comments about the Kubota lawn tractors...?  Have not seen one in operation...

Models:                    T1570A     T1670A     T1770A     T1870A                           www.kubota.com

Kohler engines:     15hp-1     15hp-1          17hp-2     19hp-2  

Deck:                         40"          40/44"               44"          48"

$$$                         2,400          ???               3,300          3,700

Build/quality seems good... single pedal hydro-drive is nice... (cruise control optional)...  pretty tight turning radius... mecanical steering is easy... mechanical PTO engagement... seems as good or better than equivalent Deere models... the 15hp 1-cylinder I tried was pretty quiet...quieter and less (no) rattles than the Deere...

All but the base model have the whole seat pan supported by 2 shock absorbers...

No need to go into intended use...

Thanks...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 22 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Re: Kubota Lawn Tractors...
Reply #22   Aug 22, 2005 8:48 am
Yep...

I usually plow going forward with the rear blade... even though the tractor goes over the snow 1st... it works pretty well... then use the loader to move the snow pile(s) left from the rear blade... depending on snow depth... I pull the snow 50-100' before raising the rear blade... the rear blade has side wings so it's a box blade design...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: Kubota Lawn Tractors...
Reply #23   Aug 22, 2005 7:52 pm
a box blade design, a good setup you have.  Do you have a picture of this setup? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 22 - 23 of 23Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42