Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Stalling JD GT265

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kojack

Stalling JD GT265
Original Message   Aug 6, 2005 2:12 pm
Hi all

I have been reading your forum for over a year now and I finally need some help.

My father-in-law donated his JD GT265 38 inch cut with a powerflow bagger to me 2 years ago.  Last year, the tractor ran fine.  He had complained at one time of it stalling.  He had the tractor serviced every year by the local dealer.  He doesn't remember what they did to fix his problem.  Well now I have the problem and would like to fix this my self.

I have done the regular maintenance during the fall with empting the fuel and giving it a new plug, oil filter, gas filter, oil etc... in the spring.  The past three weeks the engine would stall towards the end of a 2 hour mowing.  Now it stalls within the first five minutes.  I put a new sparkplug in this morning and still no luck.  It typically stalls when I engage the mower.  I have checked the mower for obstructions but haven't tried it without the powerflow.  I'll try that after I post.

I never noticed before until I started having trouble but the clear gas filter is half full when I start and then empty during operation.  Is that normal?  I can run the engine full throttle and let it sit, but once I move it may or may not stall.

Any ideas would be great.

Thanks Mike

JD GT265, Ariens 11.5 Snowblower.

Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
kojack

Re: Stalling JD GT265
Reply #11   Aug 16, 2005 10:43 pm
I didn't ask how he cleaned the line.  I know he didn't replace it because it is tricky from the tank to the gas filter.  I do know he cut off the frayed in near the bottom of the gas filter. 
Replies: 11 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42