Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Do you want a "new" old tractor?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Do you want a "new" old tractor?
Original Message   Aug 5, 2005 2:07 pm
There is a fella on Ebay with (2) 1983 Bolens tractors still in the crate never used. A good chance to own a "new" old tractor. Check out item # 7705245803  and  7705245804  I have no connection to this auction, just passing along info. Kinda like finding buried treasure, huh?

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 4 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Re: Do you want a "new" old tractor?
Reply #4   Aug 12, 2005 7:21 am
W/ that coin you could buy a new JD GT 225 or equiv.  Dumb move whover bought that thing.  I give it 25 hours til ya need a ring job.  Doooohhhh!!!!

I swear I love peeps mentality.   I recently sold a car w/ 16K original miles on it(recall I adveer4tised here 1st old T Bird)  This clown flys from Dallas to me in Chi and drives it home.  I told him 25+X he was nuts but he insisted.  badda bing, badda boom he threw a belt 25 miles out, fixxed that, made it another 50 miles, and burst a hose, fvckin dipp$#%*!!!  I found out later he ran the nmotor dry of oil 100 miles later because the rubber gasket gave on the oil filter.  Get this, he was mad at me!!!  Thank gawd he paid in cash.   Thank gawd his mom slept w/ her brother to create this gem!!!!

bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Re: Do you want a "new" old tractor?
Reply #5   Aug 12, 2005 9:21 am
Actually that's what the bidding closed at, but the reserve wasn't hit on either machine. I could see the lawn tractor being worth around $1000 to $1500, but the garden tractor hitting 3 grand should have sold in my opinion. Yeah it's nice to find a never used old machine, but as mentioned above, a new Deere or Cub could be had for the same money without the problems of getting parts.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 4 - 5 of 5Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42