Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Any Craftsman historians out there?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Any Craftsman historians out there?
Original Message   Jul 27, 2005 4:47 pm
Does anyone know who the original manufacturer might have been for this old Craftsman tractor?

(removed invisable pic)

This message was modified Jul 28, 2005 by bontaiJoe

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 11 - 20 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Re: Any Craftsman historians out there?
Reply #11   Jul 28, 2005 9:12 pm
woops ...sorry about that one ill keep my big mouth shut until i see your pic

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
bontaiJoe

Reply #12   Jul 29, 2005 8:52 am
I found out it is a 1954 +/- Hiller Yardman tractor with a 1.7 HP 2 cycle motor and brakes were optional

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #13   Jul 29, 2005 9:32 am

Does it look something like this?  If this picture doesn't come through I'm going to think that this thread is jinxed.
Sherri

bontaiJoe

Reply #14   Jul 29, 2005 12:45 pm
Yep that's the critter! You guys still can't see any of the pics I posted? On reply #10, I have 3 pics of the same tractor model as Miss Snowshoveler posted but in a creamy white color with some surface rust?

MissSnowshoveler

Reply #15   Jul 29, 2005 12:57 pm
bontaiJoe wrote:
Yep that's the critter! You guys still can't see any of the pics I posted? On reply #10, I have 3 pics of the same tractor model as Miss Snowshoveler posted but in a creamy white color with some surface rust?

Nope still don't see your pictures, that's why I did some digging of my own.  You peaked my curiosity.
Sherri

bontaiJoe

Reply #16   Jul 29, 2005 1:48 pm
removed invisible pic
This message was modified Jul 29, 2005 by bontaiJoe

bontaiJoe

Reply #17   Jul 29, 2005 1:58 pm
Here is a website with some more info that I found:

http://www.enginads.com/barnsale.cgi/noframes/read/8310

and

http://www.whatnextfarm.com/YARDHAND.htm

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #18   Jul 29, 2005 1:58 pm
Nope, send it to one of the mods and they will be sure to get it up. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

robmints

Reply #19   Jul 29, 2005 3:08 pm
Some don't show up because they are on your hard drive and not accessable to the rest of us on the net. this site does not host the pictures. You need a photobucket.com or other web based hosting site. down load the pics to that site then link them here.

Some of the pics you tried to post show on your machine, because they are on your machine, and your browser can find them.  But the rest of us on the net can't access your machine with the local address you provide. Which is "file:///C:/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Craftsman.JPG" .  For us to see it the address needs to be something like " http://www.blahblahblah.jpg" In other words you are just linking to another portion of a web page and that is what shows up on our screens.  Or something like that.  I think.

http://www.abbysguide.com/ope/discussions/10621-0-1.html 

bontaiJoe

Reply #20   Jul 29, 2005 4:31 pm
Ahhhhh Haaaa! I understand now! Thanks Robmints. I learned something today.

Replies: 11 - 20 of 25Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42