Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > New Grass Trimmer

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mason156

New Grass Trimmer
Original Message   Jul 14, 2005 4:48 pm
I am looking to buy a grass trimmer for my dad.  He is currently using my Stihl FS-85 and eventually I will need it back.  I was thinking Shindaiwa because I have heard nothing but good things about them and something a little lighter than my FS-85.  Truth is, however, I just don't that much about grass trimmers.  Any advice is welcome.

Steve

Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Re: New Grass Trimmer
Reply #5   Jul 24, 2005 9:37 pm
I have a Shindy T-230, and I am very happy with it........many of the guys I work with at the firehouse have switched from echo's to shindy's. Many are pro landscapers.....
mine only gets used once every two weeks or so, and always starts right up with one or two pulls.

My advice is to check the brands mentioned above on their websites to see weights, models, etc.  Also ask yourself who do you like best in your area for service, and see what they sell.  Service means a lot.

A big OPE dealer around here sold tons of echo's for years.....then Home depot started selling them, he was the closest "real" dealer, and he did not want to service all of HD's sales, so he just dropped echo and is now selling sthil.

My exmark dealer who I like sells shindy's , so I went with what he sells.........

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Termy

Re: New Grass Trimmer
Reply #6   Jul 25, 2005 10:08 pm
In my opinion Stihl is about the best. Quality, long life, and power is what you want in a unit and Stihl does not fall short on that! If you had a hard time starting a Stihl in the past it is either because you werent following the propper proceidure to starting it or you let the fuel get stail and therefor have gummed up the carb.

Replies: 5 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42