Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere--L 100 Mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

John Deere--L 100 Mower
Original Message   Jul 18, 2005 10:56 am
A friend of mine was telling me he bought his wife a John Deere L-100 mower---says it has a 20 HP Brigg,s engine.  Just curious about the price and quality of such mower.  He did not tell me how much he paid for it.  He has always used Snapper  RER for 30 years.  ---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Replies: 9 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Paul6506

Re: John Deere--L 100 Mower
Reply #9   Jul 20, 2005 3:02 am
The Cub Cadet 1000 series has grease fittings and 4 deck wheels.
Michael

Snow, What Snow?

Reply #10   Jul 20, 2005 5:51 am
AJace wrote:
It's nice to know they have grease fittings.  It don't think many except Husqvarna do in that price range/ model. 

I am guessing it is a running change and that the newer mowers will get the new spindles after JD has used up the old ones first.  I noticed that some of the tractors at Home Depot have the new spindles with the grease zerks and a few did not have them. 

Kubota L-185 w/ FEL

John Deere L120 Lawn Tractor

JPP1

Reply #11   Jul 20, 2005 4:26 pm
Yeah, I have an L100 that I bought from HD last year.

I have a 1/3 acre, flat lawn and this machine cuts beautifully in my situation. Yard looks like a carpet when I finish mowing.

I kind of don't like the gear shifter, it is a little crude and rough. But otherwise I am happy with the machine. If this is what you are interested in, get it you will like it.

Replies: 9 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42