Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Engine woes this year, Please help

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
kc5sov

Engine woes this year, Please help
Original Message   Jul 16, 2005 8:19 pm
I have an old rider from MTD had 12.5hp Briggs. Threw the rod out the case while mowing. Replaced it with like engine, which threw rod in less than 30 min. mow time.

What can be going on? Yard is un-even, many slopes. Could mowing on slope at about 10 degrees kill them? Guess MTD stands for "My Tractors Dead".

Replies: 7 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
kc5sov

Re: Engine woes this year, Please help
Reply #7   Jul 17, 2005 10:12 pm
I thank all that replied to give meaningful answers to my questions. Having an above average understanding of the inner workings of the Briggs&Stratton vertical shaft engines of 3.0-20.0HP, the oil question was forefront in my mind, but wasn't very sure it was really a plausible concern.

As for the other two respondants,(robmints & Marshall) I know very well that MTD did not make the engine, the only operator error could have been that I didn't know that particular slope would starve the connecting rod bearing, or any other crucial part, of oil sufficiently to kill the thing, and if I wanted to live in a place (read "condos") where I was not able do as I please and try to put a little beauty into my small piece of the world with hard work and sweat, all on the small amount of money I have left after contributing to other endeavors I feel more important than $2k+  lawnmowers I still wouldn't appreciate what I feel is a personal attack on my intellect.

If this post finds ill favor with others, please say so and I'll leave.

ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #8   Jul 18, 2005 1:10 am
kc5sov wrote:

If this post finds ill favor with others, please say so and I'll leave.

Yes Bobby, it does.  You have been asked to leave numerous times and you won't.  We use the same methods to identify you as you use to hide yourself and yes we know what other accounts you have registered also.  It takes only minutes to figure out it is you and ban you Bob.  You earned a lot of respect here in the past by your actions and have since lost that respect by your actions.  I considered you a friend Robert, now I just feel sorry for you.  Would you like me to air your dirty laundry here for all to see?  If you think your respect is gone now what do you think would happen then?  Those who know me know I like to keep the dirty laundry behind the scenes and private as that is not what folks come here for but in this case perhaps it is time to air out the sheets a bit?  What do you think?.....

I consider people here family Bob and at one time I considered you family too, but family doesn't treat family the way you did and still do Bob....At least not my family.....

You let me know how you want me to handle this Bob.  I will pay you that one last bit of respect and leave that up to you.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #9   Jul 18, 2005 11:12 pm
I'm kinda with Chris on this one, start respecting us with proper behavior or don't even bother to come by. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #10   Jul 18, 2005 11:39 pm
You know what Bobby_P and every other name you choose to use? When I got into trouble and other problems, I left the forum without being banned and I got help. Once I became a better person, I came back to reconsile with my former friends and mods online. That is NOT what you are doing at all! You keep coming back with every other name possible and choose to cause problems over and over. Frankly, I am starting to get quite irretated by you that I want to start tracking your IP address to help the other mods in the forum. Do the right thing and leave and don't come back untill you have changed.

Replies: 7 - 10 of 10Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42