Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Need help new to riders Bought a Mona 42 New englander...

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jayvette75

Need help new to riders Bought a Mona 42 New englander...
Original Message   Jul 7, 2005 8:25 am
I may have gotten ripped off here is the list

1 The lever under the set that if you pull forward  releases the rear axle into neutral  does not work the  tires stay lock in gear  why?

2. There  is no drive belt  would that cause it to stay locked  and when I put one on and run it it will fix it ?

3.How to put the drive belt on ...in there rear the spindal for the rear axle  there is a fan blade to cool it but the clearence between the fan blade and the frame is 1/2  do i squeeze it over the fan blade and the chassi ?

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Re: Need help new to riders Bought a Mona 42 New englander...
Reply #1   Jul 7, 2005 1:26 pm
I'm totally unfamiliar with a MONA New Englander tractor. Is this an MTD or Murray built under a "house brand" for a local store? Is it a new tractor? or something used? Any other info you could add, such as is this a hydrostatic tranny or gear drive would be most helpful.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Majorxlr8n

Reply #2   Jul 8, 2005 6:37 am
I'll take a shot in the dark here...

I bet this is a NOMA tractor with hydrostatic drive.  The belt missing would not lock up the rear wheels. Remove the fan before installing the new belt. I bet the brake unit is locked up on this, which will keep it from rolling free. If you can, post the tractor's model & serial numbers.

Marty

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #3   Jul 10, 2005 6:11 pm
If it's grey I'll bet your right.  Maybe the freewheel lever needs to be engaged. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42