Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Old MTD Chain Drive Mower

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
gsnod

Old MTD Chain Drive Mower
Original Message   Jul 5, 2005 8:53 pm
Need some advice on this chain-drive mower. I've got a buddy who's in need of a mower, and another friend who wanted to get rid of a mower. Little did I know that this old chain drive looks pretty bad. But,,,it is a challenge, so I'm willing to try and get it running.

It's got some old gas that I'll dump, and I've got spark. Runs for a bit when you put starting fluid into the carb. Carb sits right on top of the fuel tank. My guess is it's not getting gas, so before I pull the carb off the fuel tank, I thought I'd ask the experts for any advice. Then, if I get it going, I'll start working on getting the chain drive going. 

Would you agree that pulling the carb off the tank is step # 1?

Greg

This topic has no replies.
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42