Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Any info on vintage Deere attachment?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Any info on vintage Deere attachment?
Original Message   Jun 29, 2005 11:43 am
This is available semi-local to me, and the guy selling this says it fits a Deere 316, but to my eye, the drive wont line up with either a front or rear PTO on a 300 series tractor, it's 90 degree out. I'm guessing it is for the old 100 or 200 series tractors. Of course he already sold the tractor, so he can't show me how it fits. Does anyone here recognize this attachment? And has anyone ever used one? How well did it work?

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
skyking3

Re: Any info on vintage Deere attachment?
Reply #1   Jun 29, 2005 6:05 pm
looks like it'll fit on the front of my 67 110................

other than that , i cant help.......

bill

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Jun 29, 2005 6:28 pm
Looks like an Aerator or dethatcher, I can't make out the bottom pic very well. I have no idea what it belongs to?
robmints

Reply #3   Jun 29, 2005 7:08 pm
Those little springy things make it look like a dethatcher to me. I have some bits and pieces of a 308?. But it's outside and I'm inside, can't remember what it looks like. Maybe it's shorter than it looks, and twists and drives off the deck pulley. OK, maybe not. Now you have me thinking. I might have to take a look, but I'm not going down until Sunday. Do you have a use for a dethatcher?
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #4   Jun 30, 2005 9:08 am
Yep, it's a powered dethatcher. And from my research, I think it is for the late model (after 1967) 110, 112, and 200 series Deere tractors. I asked at a Deere specific forum and a couple of the gurus there that always know everything there is to know about this old stuff, were semi stumped. They knew something like this existed, but had never seen one.

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42