Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Snapper RER question

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Paul6506

Snapper RER question
Original Message   Jun 28, 2005 5:43 pm
I just picked up an old but in very good condition 8hp  Snapper 26" Hi-Vac ReR. I have been told that snapper does not make a mulching kit for this model. If I manufactured a deck plug from sheet metal could I then install a gator mulching blade and expect good results? Thanks for all the replies in advance..... Paul Gruber
Replies: 12 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Paul6506

Re: Snapper RER question
Reply #12   Jun 29, 2005 10:11 am
Paula wrote:
  Also, by adding the deck plug, he may have to deal with getting down and digging out grass from underneath the deck if there is any dampness to the grass....even just dew.  This way, the clippings still shoot out but fine like mulch.  The best of all worlds, IMO. 

Paula

This is a great point Paula....I should of thought of this. Thanks for doing so for me.
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Re: Snapper RER question
Reply #13   Jun 29, 2005 5:40 pm
You're welcome Paul

I wound up cleaning out the deck a few times after mowing some damp grass and that was enough to convince me to take off the deck plug.  What I did was just mow counter clockwise so that I ran over the grass I had already mowed which cut it up fine enough to be mulch. 

Paula

This message was modified Jun 29, 2005 by Paula
Replies: 12 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42