Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Anyone know anything about White Outdoor mowers???

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
rbrewer

Anyone know anything about White Outdoor mowers???
Original Message   Jun 23, 2005 3:51 pm
Getting ready to buy a White Ourdoor ZT50 for $2800.  Can anyone tell me anything about these mowers.  Have 2 acres to mow, pretty level and a few trees.  Any suggestions on any mowers,  JDL130??  Cub Cadet 1045 or 1050???
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
AZinOH

Those who accept self-deception will perish by it.
Shakespeare said "to thine own self be true".

Re: Anyone know anything about White Outdoor mowers???
Reply #1   Jun 23, 2005 4:29 pm
If you check out their web site http://www.whiteoutdoor.com/BrandHome.jsp, and then click on "Corporate Home", you'll see that White Outdoor Products is one of the MTD family of companies. If you're okay with that, then go for it. I've had no experience with them.

AZ

Snowblower...Toro Power Max 726te 2004

Lawn tractor...AYP w/ 14.5 Briggs-42in 2000

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #2   Jun 23, 2005 4:39 pm
I know that MTD bought them out and that they aren't supposed to be as good as they once were.  I'd look @ the Cub Cadet Commercial or Ariens Mini-Zoom lineup before I'd consider a White purchase. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #3   Jun 23, 2005 5:12 pm
At least go for the Z-Force.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #4   Jun 23, 2005 7:35 pm
Hi...

Dunno' about the White brand... not seen around here...

If you plan on a 10+ year use of a Z-turn mower... I'd go with a "near" commercial make/model... for ~~ $700 or so more... (If I recall correctly)... NOT a homeowner make/model...

Exmark makes one model... I bet Marshall knows the model... not quite full-commercial... but close. !  ..and another brand I don't quite remember the name of... a yellowish/goldish color...

My outlook for long-term ownership/use and minimal problems... is to overbuy... and under use.. when the price is over $1,000 on OPE...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #5   Jun 23, 2005 8:42 pm
Exmark makes a Laser CT that is more for the estate/homeowner.  Exmark's are the king of ZTR's , although I have friends who prefer Dixie Choppers....
Dixie makes a homeowner nice ZTR called the silver eagle also.
My exmark dealer has also started stocking another type of homeowner ZTR, it is yellow I think, but I do not recall the name....
Stick with near commercial and you will be happy for years......

I have an exmark,

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #6   Jun 23, 2005 9:02 pm
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #7   Jun 24, 2005 5:49 pm
Yeah Marshall... that may be the Z-turn I checked out at the fair last fall... Looked good !

Thses Z-turns get expensive quick !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #8   Jun 24, 2005 11:08 pm
I used a Hustler, not sure of the model.  It had the levers that go up right between your legs.  After a while I noticed a bracket was rubbing/digging into my right leg.  I wasn't happy with that and would make sure that I had plenty of room when I look into buying a zero turn.  It had a Kohler engine, not sure of the HP.  Another thing I would like is a garden hose hook up, so cleaning could be easier. 
There are a few  zero turn companies who have a deck design that just flips out and the mower rests on it as you clean it.   I believe Kubota is one, and Woods is the other. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

uc113

Reply #9   Jul 1, 2005 11:08 pm
I previously had a White lawn tractor.  It was great for about 3 years and then it turned to garbage with something breaking every other week.  I am not hard on my equipment, actually I take very good care of it.  My wife says I obssess about my power equipment.  I still have a Toro Single Stage snowthrower my father gave me that is 14 years old and it works as well today as it did when it was brand new.  I would stay awaay from the White line or anything from the MTD family.  There are better choices for the same or a bit more money.  You will be much happier in the long run.
injunjer

Reply #10   Mar 13, 2010 3:11 pm
I am a conservative person, I don't go for the name brand glamour and impressing other people.  I bought both a White Ourtdoor ZT54 zero turn for $2900 and a White Outdoor 54" lawn tractor for $1800 at tractor supply several years ago.  Both are awesome mowers that really take a beating on my 4 acres all year long.  Neither have had any maintenance besides oil change and blade sharpening and I mow for hours every week in deep healthy grass and on hot sunny days.  I was sorry to hear they sold the company.  The new company sells the same mower only painted orange and black which is ok by me.  Here's the deal...  MTD parts are used for almost every so called low end mower, so they are basically all the same except for the name and price = shop for price.   If you use your equipment with care, store it in a shed, and refresh your oil regularly, most MTD type briggs or kohlers will run forever and I mean forever.   On the othe hand, if you have money to burn, go and buy the cadillac... which does the same thing only cost you a whole lot more, double or triple what is necessary and repairs will cost as much as a new MTD mower.  I also own two Briggs mowers that are 14 years old that I use for the dirty dirty work and are still running strong.  I don't think they will ever stop running.
This message was modified Mar 13, 2010 by injunjer
Replies: 1 - 10 of 10View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42