Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > I don't remember blue lawnboys

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Emmo

I don't remember blue lawnboys
Original Message   Jun 16, 2005 1:21 pm

I'm sure someone on the forum remembers these, we had a couple of old ones from the sixties but they were tan or light green.

This one was in our local paper, it is a 1964 been used to mow the same 1 acre lot every year since it was new.

Replies: 9 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Torch

Re: I don't remember blue lawnboys
Reply #9   Jun 20, 2005 2:20 pm
Termy, it's still in the box.  I actually don't have a lawn right now, just some vicious weeds.  Have to sod (or seed) it.  Most likely sod it and most likely soon.  So once I use it I'll definitely post a review.  But I did also purchase a Stihl FS 55RC gas powered trimmer to take care of the weeds.  They were knee high plus in some areas.  I was like Genghis Khan out there, lopping off weeds left and right.  It made short work of them.  I am impressed with it after it's initial use.

Torch

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #10   Jun 20, 2005 2:43 pm
If it's level ground, then it would be ok.  I think that sky blue looks nice on a push mower. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #11   Jun 20, 2005 2:56 pm
Those old 2 stroke Lawn Boys were great for on hills and unlevel ground.  The reason being that they didn't have oil in the base to lubricate the engine, it was in the gas.  We see lots of mowers with the correwct amountof oil in every year jump into the graveyard because the owner was using them on a bank where the oil lubrication just was sufficient.  When you break the news to the them they usually say, "My lawnboy mowed that bank/hill for years."

They were a good machine in their day.  Unfortunetly that day has passed.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Replies: 9 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42