Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Girls vs Outdoor Equipment

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
AmberLynn

Mow Mow Mow

Girls vs Outdoor Equipment
Original Message   Jun 13, 2005 5:08 pm
I just found this forum on the net, looks very cool, but I wonder if woman are welcome here or it's just a boy thing.

Amber Lynn

Replies: 33 - 42 of 51Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
AmberLynn

Mow Mow Mow

Re: Girls vs Outdoor Equipment
Reply #33   Jun 14, 2005 1:31 pm
Miss, I do live in New-York ,the thing concerning my first post here was maybe a mistake, you see my son

showed me how this forum works so he took anything on the web and paste here, so at the same time I was learning

So if this few lines are embarassing some people here I'm sorry about it It was only a test believe me.

Hope eveything is clear at this time.

Have a nice Day

Amber Lynn

MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #34   Jun 14, 2005 1:58 pm
AmberLynn wrote:
Miss, I do live in New-York ,the thing concerning my first post here was maybe a mistake, you see my son

showed me how this forum works so he took anything on the web and paste here, so at the same time I was learning

So if this few lines are embarassing some people here I'm sorry about it It was only a test believe me.

Hope eveything is clear at this time.

Have a nice Day

Amber Lynn

I was just curious and in response to Marshall's reply I had stated that I found the other website too.

Again welcome.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #35   Jun 14, 2005 3:10 pm
RE: winter light levels in cloudy winter areas

• Posted by: STA4 z5 WI (My Page) on Fri, Apr 1, 05 at 11:45
A greenhouse will be brighter than a north window if it is oriented correctly- because unlike a window the light will be coming in from from many directions. You will however need supplemental lighting for citrus. A greenhouse will also be more humid than your house (lighting is only part of the equation for healthy plants). I have a HF greenhouse in Wisconsin zone 4/5. I always brush the snow off with a broom. Mostly because I don't want the panels to bow and warp from the weight. If yours is larger this might not be possible.

RE: Anyone here Zone 5 & Below have a Greenhouse?

• Posted by: STA4 z5 WI (My Page) on Wed, Jan 5, 05 at 10:48
I have a HF I set up 2 years ago. It costs me $30 a month (electric heater) to keep it 10-15 degrees warmer (Sept-Oct and April-May) than the outside temp. This extends my growing season by 4 months for my tropical bonsai. Then my temperate trees are moved in and I don't heat it. You'll need auto vents and a min/max therometer to monitor the temps. The first winter I kept nothing in the greenhouse so I could learn how it compared to outside temps. It stayed about 5 degrees warmer at night but if its a cloudy day it can hold onto the cold and remain colder than the outside temps for most of the day. If its sunny I can have a rise in temp of 30 degrees- but most of that will be lost by 8 PM. Based on your temp you mention I guess you want to overwinter plants that are a few zones higher than 5. You might want to consider soil cables to help with the very bitterly cold spells we can have. They don't cost much and can add extra protection for little $. Good luck.
  • Posted by: STA4 z5 WI (My Page) on Fri, May 20, 05 at 11:12

Mylu-
Translucent panels- hinged top vent- door- plants inside-Looks like a greenhouse to me. Some of us cannot afford some $3000 plus monster nor do we have the room, nor the cash to heat it. Everyone has different needs- I grow bonsai in mine and it is plenty big enough for 50 plus trees. Someday I might go larger- but the HF was a great way to start and I'd buy another and connect them before I would pay the higher prices for a similar sized greenhouse by other companys.

Amber writes very nicely here and is very knowledgable.

How is Wisconsin this time of year?

AmberLynn

Mow Mow Mow

Reply #36   Jun 14, 2005 3:50 pm
Marshall I didn't write thoselines, like I said to the other member here  that was only a copy paste from my son for showing me how

posting works in this discussion center.So I really don't need garden stuff I hate gardening so don't waiste your time posting me

things that I'm not interesting for.

Have a nice day

Amber Lynn

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #37   Jun 14, 2005 7:36 pm
It's a small world! I know of a gal named Ginger Lynn, she even had a friend named Amber Lynn. They really liked each other and shared many interests. They were constantly getting the shaft, I told them OPE was the way to go but they enjoyed doing it by hand. I instantly recommended hand held blowers but they expressed interest in ones they could strap on and pack with, on their back. I immediately steered them toward the Echo Bushblower. The Bushblower, brother to the Bushwacker trimmer, has long, strait, fat, tube and has a very high CFM rating, yet it's not too much for a woman to handle, some may strain a little but they get use to it after a few times. They obviously loved the OPE, they always come, to me, to recommend new things to them that will make their experiences with the new equipment out today as exciting and pleasing as possible.

Ahhh the site of fresh trimmed grass right before a good blowing, love it.

For anyone interested in today's models....................

buttlint

Reply #38   Jun 14, 2005 7:57 pm
AmberLynn wrote:
Hummmm, I didn't expect so many answers, but I'm glad to see that the responds are + my favorites outdoor equipment by the way is ?

hummmm do I have one ? yes of course got an old lawnboy mower from the 70S still in good shape but burn a little bit of oil.

Amber,
The old lawnboys are classics!
If you ever have any problems with her.....feel free too contact me....I would be glad too give you a hand.
(Edited for dislexia.)
This message was modified Jun 14, 2005 by buttlint
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #39   Jun 14, 2005 7:59 pm
hey Lint...

watch your back buddy,Paula and the missus are sneakin up behind you with a shovel and a garbage can.

must be cleanup week in your end of town 

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
buttlint

Reply #40   Jun 14, 2005 8:20 pm
Thanks for the heads up Chris.
Let me assure you that the female wiles Ginger and Maryanne are no match for the superior male mind.
robmints

Reply #41   Jun 14, 2005 8:35 pm
buttlint wrote:
Let me assure you that the female wiles Ginger and Maryanne are no match for the superior male mind.

Here Here lint. I am always reminding my wife about superior male intelligence. Sometimes I need to tell her several times a day. Can you believe such a simple concept is so difficult for women to understand?
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #42   Jun 14, 2005 8:53 pm
buttlint wrote:

Now, there is an oxymoron if I ever heard one....male and mind in one sentence.....
This message was modified Jun 14, 2005 by Paula
Replies: 33 - 42 of 51Next page of topicsPreviousNextNext page of topicsAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42