Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Why this lawn forum is Important to me!!

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Why this lawn forum is Important to me!!
Original Message   Jun 12, 2005 11:13 am
Well yesterday we had this little party at a  here in Lakeland. Well we all got to talking about the internet. I was telling my buddy how I get on this forum and read  about some great topics. He says how can It be fun to get on the internet and read about lawnmowers????  He has a small lawn service bout 7 yards, And he just bought a new Lesco walkbehind to replace his old one. Then he tells me he needs to buy a new weedeater and blower. Thats when i started to tell him about the review section on here and all the topics about the manufactures and all!! To me there is'nt to many places you can go to get free info on buying things. I may be wrong but doesn't consumer reports charge you?? I think maybe he will be a new member today or tomm.  later Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Why this lawn forum is Important to me!!
Reply #1   Jun 12, 2005 12:34 pm
Thanks Mike!

I think you can see some of Consumer Reports online but most of the stuff people want to read they make you pay to join to read if I'm not mistaken.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #2   Jun 12, 2005 12:58 pm
It's always good to have new people come around, I think. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #3   Jun 12, 2005 1:24 pm
Hi Mike. It's not just about getting info on whats the best product for a persons situation, but also there is a lot of help after the buy. I'm mechanically challenged and have been helped here more than a few times by those in the know. A couple times what looked like a major fix, turned into a simple part and a few minutes of my own time. I've also learned to have a little more respect for the equipment I have and to take better care of it. I've also caught a bug called, "OPE madness", and it's a little expensive to cure, but sure is fun.  LOL  JMHO, but I think consumer reports is over rated. Anyway, thanks for the sharing of knowledge gang. I appreciate it.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Termy

Reply #4   Jun 12, 2005 4:50 pm
We have a great community here and there is alot to learn here. We just have to filter out the new commers who create trouble.

Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #5   Jun 12, 2005 5:01 pm
Termy wrote:
We have a great community here and there is alot to learn here. We just have to filter out the new commers who create trouble.

Like you did.
buttlint

Reply #6   Jun 12, 2005 6:09 pm
Termy wrote:

Teaman...
It's the old commers that you have too watch out for.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   Jun 12, 2005 8:27 pm
Terms repented a long time ago and has become a productive member.
lucky

Reply #8   Jun 12, 2005 8:30 pm
x
This message was modified Jun 12, 2005 by a moderator
Termy

Reply #9   Jun 12, 2005 10:07 pm
Ok, now is where I make my post. Some time back Termy got into some trouble himself. He acted like he was someone else that new all this stuff he was posting. Some of it he did know, but did not help to jam it down everybodies throught. I remember I just wanted to help people out. But, then I started lying about lots of things. Such, what kind of OPE I had and job related information. When others realised I was full of sh**t, they told me I was. I was getting pretty upset and all it did was progress. This happened between two different forums sites. I becamse known as a trouble maker. So I left WTB for many months. During this time, I was getting help from friends and family. Basically, they were teaching me to be a better man. Something that should have been taught long ago. I was having lots of other problems too that I won't mentione here. But the thing is that you got realise is that we are no bettter then anyone else. We are all equal. Yes, some of us like to get a little more attention to ourselves than others. I guess its good if it is healthy attention. But, what I did was not healthy! I was wrong and hurt many peoples feelings. After months later, I was a better person. I was no longer hurting peoples feelings or lying about things.

AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #10   Jun 12, 2005 10:10 pm
I have gotten to know Termy quite well.  He's a good internet buddy and we talk about many subjects with end.     I know he had a bit in the past that was rough on the edges, but he has made a turn around.   

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #11   Jun 12, 2005 10:12 pm
Thanks Ajace! Your a good friend too. Now lets go discuss OPE!

jodyand

Dodge
you drive the Rest I drive the Best.
That thang got a Hemi?SWEETTTT

Reply #12   Jun 12, 2005 10:33 pm
Thats all water under the bridge now Termy

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #13   Jun 13, 2005 4:33 pm
Hey well while I'm talking bout consumer reports I just seen on Tv where they named the Toro 20041 Personal Pace the "best buy" for self propelled mowers.

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 13 of 13View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42