Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > B & S Throttle Adjustment?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
gsnod

B & S Throttle Adjustment?
Original Message   May 22, 2005 10:24 pm
Hi all --

I've got a Briggs and Stratton 6.5 HP engine on my mower. It's a 1997 mower, with engine model 110600. Anyway, last summer, everyone here helped me find an oil leak, which involved pulling the head, and replacing a gasket. It's working fine now, but seems to have a lower amount of power. Generally runs fine, but just seems to be running with less umph.  Since i had to take off the linkage to pull the head/carberator, I'm wondering whether I messed up an adjustment..

Anyway, on these little engines, is there a throttle adjustment? I want to get as much power/RPMs out of the engine as I safely can....

Any suggestions or leads to what I may be able to look for?

Replies: 14 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
gsnod

Re: B & S Throttle Adjustment?
Reply #14   Jun 3, 2005 8:17 pm
These blades work pretty well, but two years ago, I thought I'd try a Gator blade on my Scotts mower. I had great expectations, but found that the gator did'nt do a very good job of mulching at all. I went back to the original, which I sharpen several times per mowing season.

Up here in the northeast, I think I've mowed about 6 timres so far -- seems like a lot for this early in the season....

Replies: 14 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42