Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > B & S Throttle Adjustment?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
gsnod

B & S Throttle Adjustment?
Original Message   May 22, 2005 10:24 pm
Hi all --

I've got a Briggs and Stratton 6.5 HP engine on my mower. It's a 1997 mower, with engine model 110600. Anyway, last summer, everyone here helped me find an oil leak, which involved pulling the head, and replacing a gasket. It's working fine now, but seems to have a lower amount of power. Generally runs fine, but just seems to be running with less umph.  Since i had to take off the linkage to pull the head/carberator, I'm wondering whether I messed up an adjustment..

Anyway, on these little engines, is there a throttle adjustment? I want to get as much power/RPMs out of the engine as I safely can....

Any suggestions or leads to what I may be able to look for?

Replies: 8 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
gsnod

Re: B & S Throttle Adjustment?
Reply #8   Jun 2, 2005 8:28 pm
Blade thats reversible -- meaning that you can just flip it and use the other edge to cut the grass....
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #9   Jun 3, 2005 12:21 am
I've never seen one either.  Isn't there only one way to put one on?  Maybe you could post a picture up for us? 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

gsnod

Reply #10   Jun 3, 2005 2:48 pm
Can't post a picture, but the blade is designed to be reversed on the lawn mower deck when it is worn/dull. When reversed, a new cutting edge is exposed.

Does this clarify the point?

buttlint

Reply #11   Jun 3, 2005 3:06 pm
gs is right.
Scotts/murray have it for a few years.
If I can find a junk one laying around...I will try and get a pic.
MissSnowshoveler

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?

Reply #12   Jun 3, 2005 3:38 pm
Product ImageHere's what I found for a picture under the Murray brand.  Part number 672573E701.  Thanks 'Lint for the help in pointing me in the right direction.  Hopefully the pic doesn't disappear.

Sherri

If you don't have free speech, what do you have?
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #13   Jun 3, 2005 5:37 pm
That's interesting I've never.... seen a blade like that.  I wonder if blades are made like that  for my Craftsman. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

gsnod

Reply #14   Jun 3, 2005 8:17 pm
These blades work pretty well, but two years ago, I thought I'd try a Gator blade on my Scotts mower. I had great expectations, but found that the gator did'nt do a very good job of mulching at all. I went back to the original, which I sharpen several times per mowing season.

Up here in the northeast, I think I've mowed about 6 timres so far -- seems like a lot for this early in the season....

Replies: 8 - 14 of 14Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42