Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere Oil Filters

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Captain

John Deere Oil Filters
Original Message   May 24, 2005 11:16 pm
I have a JD LX172 lawn tractor with a 14 hp. Kawasaki engine. The ol filters are about $ 7.50 at the JD dealer.I cross referenced them and NAPA Auto Parts has 2 listed. The regular filter is only $ 3.29 and the NAPA GOLD is $ 6.49. Wix Filters has them also but I forgot the price. Just wondered who manufacturers JD oil filters?. The JD filter AM107423 looks like a cheap filter. I haven't cut one apart to see what it looks like. They must be ok, have had the mower since 1993 (new) and no problems with the engine. Just thought I would throw the question out and see if most use OEM filters or another brand on their equipment.      
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
jodyand

Dodge
you drive the Rest I drive the Best.
That thang got a Hemi?SWEETTTT

Re: John Deere Oil Filters
Reply #2   May 25, 2005 7:54 am
The last ones i seen of JD filters had made by Fram Canda on them.

Emmo

Reply #3   May 25, 2005 8:06 am
I believe that Wix makes most (or all) of NAPA's filters.
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #4   May 25, 2005 7:15 pm
kawasaki engine ...get a kawasaki filter,much cheeper than JD and better too i would expect.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 2 - 4 of 4Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42