Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > John Deere Oil Filters

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Captain

John Deere Oil Filters
Original Message   May 24, 2005 11:16 pm
I have a JD LX172 lawn tractor with a 14 hp. Kawasaki engine. The ol filters are about $ 7.50 at the JD dealer.I cross referenced them and NAPA Auto Parts has 2 listed. The regular filter is only $ 3.29 and the NAPA GOLD is $ 6.49. Wix Filters has them also but I forgot the price. Just wondered who manufacturers JD oil filters?. The JD filter AM107423 looks like a cheap filter. I haven't cut one apart to see what it looks like. They must be ok, have had the mower since 1993 (new) and no problems with the engine. Just thought I would throw the question out and see if most use OEM filters or another brand on their equipment.      
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
spottedpony

Re: John Deere Oil Filters
Reply #1   May 25, 2005 2:56 am
i dont know who makes the JD filters, but according to everything ive read, WIX makes some ot the best filters on the market. and im confident enough in them i run them on everything i can get them to fit. from my riding mower, all auto's we own, to the farm equipment. & ive never had a filter failure. In past years when we had our OTR trucks, wix is all we used there too. & with around a half million miles a year on them combined. wix gave exellant service for us.

an interesting note too, on wix vs k&n's cleanable air filter, we tested the k&n in one of our diesel pickups, a 2002 ford powerstroke 1 ton super duty. and even though the k&n according to test results, shows its the highest airflow on the market, we actually got worse fuel economy with the k&n than we did with an ordinary disposible wix filter. go figure!!! my only thoughts here are the computer over comphensated with fuel for the increased air flow. (the joys of computers)

jodyand

Dodge
you drive the Rest I drive the Best.
That thang got a Hemi?SWEETTTT

Reply #2   May 25, 2005 7:54 am
The last ones i seen of JD filters had made by Fram Canda on them.

Emmo

Reply #3   May 25, 2005 8:06 am
I believe that Wix makes most (or all) of NAPA's filters.
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #4   May 25, 2005 7:15 pm
kawasaki engine ...get a kawasaki filter,much cheeper than JD and better too i would expect.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42