Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > uncle purchased ariens 8526 from the depot

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
TheKneebiter

uncle purchased ariens 8526 from the depot
Original Message   Dec 31, 2004 12:25 am
tonight i was over my uncles house listening to him whine about having to shovel his driveway the other day and how his backis now hurting him. his driveway is like a parking lot. Huge. he is loaded $$$ and is so tight that if he put a rock between his but cheeks a diamond would fall out. i told him without being rude that he needs to spend some of his money and buy a snowblower. he asked how much and i told him at least a grand. well he went into a rant and almost had a stroke. he is 73 years old, looks 50. used to be a professional wrestler. i told him that if he was going to whine i was leaving. i then offered to take him to home depot to look at machines. he agreed. after spending an hour telling me the meaning of a dollar i said well thanks, when you croak i will buy another snowblower with the money you leave me. he laughed and said, ok what the hell. so he then picked out the 8526. he paid for it and we loaded it onto the truck and took it home. once there i put gas into it , checked the oil, and fired it up. took it to the snow bank in his driveway to show him what it could do. his jaw dropped :o. 50 years in this mansion he built and never used anything except his 1930 shovel. he has now seen the light. a very happy man ::).now, things i noticed when using the machine. first the chute was floppy so i checked the bolt to tighten it up and found there was no nut on the bottom. found a nut in the toolbox and fixed that. then i started checking all the other stuff and found that everything was loose. i told him to put it in the shed and i would come back in the morning and give it the once over. ill let you know how i make out tomorrow night.
This message was modified Dec 31, 2004 by TheKneebiter

Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Emmo

Re: uncle purchased ariens 8526 from the depot
Reply #6   Dec 31, 2004 7:33 pm
Would he be the Sheik from the era of Bobo Brazil and flying fred curry! I remember them from my youth and they would be about in their 60's and 70's now. Is the Sheik the one that had some sleeper hold? Man its' scarry some of the minute stuff that comes back to you, yet I can't even remember my ATM pin # sometimes!
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #7   Dec 31, 2004 7:50 pm
I THINK I KNOW HIM LOL!!!!!!!

A another convert lol......

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
robmints

Reply #8   Dec 31, 2004 7:52 pm
Man its' scarry some of the minute stuff that comes back to you, yet I can't even remember my ATM pin # sometimes!

Wait until you go into the bathroom, get your equipment out, and can't remember what you went in there for
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #9   Dec 31, 2004 7:55 pm
I have a name for people like that................JOB SECURITY.

Frank D.

Well said Frank....

It supports my family and I and will put my children through college.

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #10   Dec 31, 2004 8:02 pm
I remember him, he was a bad guy, didn't like him.
robmints

Reply #11   Dec 31, 2004 8:08 pm

Marshall this might be your Sheik.

krislu

Reply #12   Dec 31, 2004 8:57 pm
Knee- Are you a wrestler too ? With a screen name "The kneebiter" It sounds like a wrestling name - Kris

Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #13   Dec 31, 2004 9:21 pm
Was this he?

Or .....

Or........

Or.......

This message was modified Dec 31, 2004 by Marshall
TheKneebiter

Reply #14   Dec 31, 2004 9:52 pm
the iron shiek was the guy who lost the title to hulk hogan in the early 80's. later got arrested on the garden state parkway with hacksaw

jim duggan for possesion of drugs. might have died in a car crash?

the sheik was about done with his carreer by this time. the sheik was a star heel thru the 70's as i recall.

that is correct. he was not the iron sheik. he was before that. i will try to get a pic from him next time i go over and post it. i thought this was an ope forum ?? now wrestling.

krislu

Reply #15   Jan 1, 2005 8:27 am
i thought this was an ope forum ?? now wrestling.

It is, but we didn't know we were in the company of someone of fame or infamy for that matter! (LOL) - Kris

Replies: 6 - 15 of 15Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42