Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Opti-mizer

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Captain

Opti-mizer
Original Message   May 19, 2005 1:15 pm
I saw some fuel stabilizer yesterday called " Opti-mizer ". It was in a small plastic container. It said it treated 1 to 2.5 gallons of gas and kept the gas fresh for 24 months. It seems to be comparable to Sta-bil. I have always used Sta-bil and wondered if anyone on the forum was using Opti-mizer and if they liked it ?. I found the one packet of it while cleaning out a garage for a friend who bought the house. I don't even know if it's still being sold.I forgot he manufacurers name on the packet and it got thrown out.   
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Captain

Re: Opti-mizer
Reply #2   May 19, 2005 5:57 pm
Thanks for the info. sherri. I now remember seeing the Opti-4 engine oil in a farm supply store one day but didn't associate it with the Opti-mizer gas additive. It sounds like it may be a little more economical and as good or better than Sta-bil. I  may try to locate some and give it a try . Thanks again for replying to my question. 
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Re: Opti-mizer
Reply #3   May 19, 2005 8:24 pm
Hi...

Use to use Stabil... Didn't work in a new Honda FG100 Mini-tiller... carb had to be replaced after the 1st winter's storage...

Here (Bobby P)... I found out about the PRI-x products for stabilizing and refreshing old fuel...

I now use Pri-x... PRI-G for gas... PRI-D for diesel...

No issues with it... honda mini tiller worked fine after winter w/ PRI-G in it... unlike the issue using Stabll...

No knowledge of the product you inquired about... sorry...

Dave...

This message was modified May 19, 2005 by Dave___in___CT

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42