Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > tecumseh 6.5 OHV engine leaking oil

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
donkeyp

Home of beautiful Roscoe Conkling Park

tecumseh 6.5 OHV engine leaking oil
Original Message   Feb 19, 2005 1:21 pm
My Tecumseh 6.5 OHV engine is leaking oil. It appears to be leaking from the governor shaft as the governor always has a drip of oil on it. The vent hose from the valve cover goes to the carb and there is no oil in the carb or around the valve cover. I will check the hose for airflow. Any other Ideas?
Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
dillon104

Re: tecumseh 6.5 OHV engine leaking oil
Reply #2   May 11, 2005 1:06 pm
I have a gas flow problem.  I have a serf dog go-cart with a tecumseh 6.5 engine and I filled it up with gas and it leaked right out of the air filter.  I removed the carb and made sure the valve was not stuck.  I noticed the fuel line from the gas tank flowing until the tank was empty.

any sugestions?

Termy

Re: tecumseh 6.5 OHV engine leaking oil
Reply #3   May 11, 2005 1:14 pm
Your needle valve is not the only thing that would cause this. Have you checked your float? Make sure it moves up and down properly, I would take the float off and shake it near your ear. If you here a liquid swwoshing sound in it, then you need a new float!

Replies: 2 - 3 of 3Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42