Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Carb adjustment on Honda

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dantheman

Carb adjustment on Honda
Original Message   May 6, 2005 5:45 pm
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I dusted off the 1 yr old Honda HRB217HXA and did my usual maitanience routine last week. The problem I'm having is that the engine does not idle smoothly.

It surges high and low like it is running lean. On a Briggs or Techumseh I would just adjust the screw on the bottom of the carb until the engine picked up RPMs and ran smoothly.

Unfortunatly the Honda does not have this adjustment screw. The book included with the mower does not tell you how to make a carb adjustment...only how to adjust the choke. I'm not taking it to my friendly Honda dealer to the tune of $60 + an hour.

Can anyone give me some guidance?

I've always liked Briggs engines and have never had to adjust one on a yearly basis.

Dan

Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 4 of 4View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42