Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > I sure enjoyed my seat time this week

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

I sure enjoyed my seat time this week
Original Message   May 4, 2005 3:42 pm
I cut my own 1 acre lawn with a 30 year old Deere 210 on Sunday and all went well. I cut my mom's 1 1/2 acre lawn last night with a 27 year old Deere 316 and all went well. In fact it was better than that, it was excellent. Nothing is as good as seat time, after a stress filled day at work combined with a long white knucked commute. Somehow 3 to 4 mph on the grass is very soothing........

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: I sure enjoyed my seat time this week
Reply #1   May 4, 2005 3:47 pm
I know the feeling.  It's great, makes you feel like you have nothing to answer to and your getting something done. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Termy

Reply #2   May 4, 2005 4:20 pm
bontaiJoe wrote:
I cut my own 1 acre lawn with a 30 year old Deere 210 on Sunday and all went well. I cut my mom's 1 1/2 acre lawn last night with a 27 year old Deere 316 and all went well. In fact it was better than that, it was excellent. Nothing is as good as seat time, after a stress filled day at work combined with a long white knucked commute. Somehow 3 to 4 mph on the grass is very soothing........

Thats why I am in this business!

Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #3   May 4, 2005 4:29 pm
Hi Joe. I've found out that it really gets you out of your own head. Racetunes help too.  LOL   Joe, Are you doing the Poconos to New York City commute?
                                                                                        Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #4   May 4, 2005 6:48 pm
Boy Joe, what a pair of tractors to cut with too!
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #5   May 4, 2005 7:12 pm
Joe--I know the feeling. Nothing relaxes me more than mowing a couple acres with a good mower.  It is therapy for me in my rehabillitation from heard surgery.

I also notice, days when my blood pressure has a tendency to be high, relaxed work brings it down----Hope you get to enjoy many more of the mowings, and you have

two good mowers.----May God bless all of you and bless you and keep you---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
bontaiJoe

If it's free, it's for me!

Reply #6   May 5, 2005 9:31 am
Vangellis wrote:
Hi Joe. I've found out that it really gets you out of your own head. Racetunes help too.  LOL   Joe, Are you doing the Poconos to New York City commute?
                                                                                        Kevin

No tunes for me, I find it too distracting, besides the purr of a good running Kohler "K" series is music in it's own way. My comute isn't quite to NYC, just NJ...... 50 miles each way. Gas prices make it stink, but the plus side is I can vary my route to scout for free stuff along the sides of the road. Just scored a nice weight bench. I'm not exercizing, just looking at the steel, weights and cables as raw material for future projects.
This message was modified May 5, 2005 by bontaiJoe

"Man's mind stretched to a new idea, never goes back to its original dimension." -Oliver Wendell Holmes
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   May 5, 2005 9:35 am
bontaiJoe wrote:
No tunes for me, I find it too distracting, besides the purr of a good running Kohler "K" series is music in it's own way. My comute isn't quite to NYC, just NJ...... 50 miles each way. Gas prices make it stink, but the plus side is I can vary my route to scout for free stuff along the sides of the road. Just scored a nice weight bench. I'm not exercizing, just looking at the steel, weights and cables as raw material for future projects.

I like the engine sounds too Joe. Besides, I want to be able to hear a "yell" if I need to.
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #8   May 8, 2005 12:25 pm
I agree Joe...

I mowed my vacant ~3 acres in Vermont this week with the 1960's Gravely garden tractor... I save the mowing 'till the end of the work day so I can relax...

I lost another 1/2 can of beer and the cuzzie cooler to the mower !    Third one in two seasons... gotta' keep a better eye on it so i don't have to make an unexpected pit stop to refuel !

Photo of girlfriend mowing with the Gravely last year...

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 1 - 8 of 8View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42