Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Going shopping.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Going shopping.
Original Message   Apr 24, 2005 9:25 pm
      Hi Gang. Tomorrow I'm going to hit a couple places and price some Simplicity and Husqvarna Tractors. With cutting my  elderly neighbors lawn now I can more justify the cost of a new mower. I'll be cutting at least 2 1/2 acres and then some. It's basically flat terrain with a fair amount of trees to work around. The heaviest hauling I do is mostly cart loads of firewood. I'm also going to be cutting a short path back into the woods and a path through her fields for approx. 1/4 mile distance.
     I'm basically looking at the Husqvarna XP series from a price standpoint. The only thing that I don't like about those is the fender mounted hydro shift. I prefer the foot controlled hydro. With the trees, I change speeds a lot. As for the Simplicity which is my preference, but much more costly, I'm going to price the Broadmoor and the Conquest series. The Broadmoor could be in reach financially, and the Conquest is a stretch. I've had 2 different Simplicity tractors since I've lived in my house, (24 years), and I hate to break tradition.  LOL.    They are just good solid tractors and the mower decks are hard to beat. Love them rollers. Original cap was $3000, but that can be stretched with the right deal and financing. The wife is even ok with it.  The lady next door is more than a neighbor, shes a good friend. My wife said what ever it takes to get the job done. So c'mon gang, give me a push. Get me off the fence. I bought the last 2 used, it would be nice to have a new one. Ya think.

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Replies: 32 - 41 of 41Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Going shopping.
Reply #32   Apr 29, 2005 9:06 pm
Kevin, good deal buddy, looking forward to a review.

Rob, Phillips is into everything, those headphones look real nice!
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #33   Apr 30, 2005 5:11 pm
very nice indeed...

its looks a lot better than your old one dosent it.

you know i would take the old one away and not charge you much for disposel right 

can i have it can i can i   hunh can i    please.

later chris

ps...ill send you some wax for the new paint

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Vangellis

Reply #34   Apr 30, 2005 6:04 pm
Just got back on. Great to be back.   LOL
Robmints, I have the race tunes. They'll be fine. It was louder, but not bad loud, more like nice hum loud.

Chris, I think I'll be selling the old one, along with the parts mower. Theres only so much room in a 12 x 20 shed.
I really would like to keep it for tree bashing contest, with Robmints. Could be fun. It still runs real well, and doesn't
look half bad for 15 years old.

I normally just use the tractor and an old weed eater trimmer on my yard, but my neighbors yard that I will be cutting
has some different configurations that a push mower should take care of some of the trim work just fine.
I'm picking this up on Monday from the dealer that sold me the Conquest. It's a Husqvarna 7HP Briggs Intek, 21 inch cut. Basic, but it'll do the job just fine.
I think I'm done buying OPE for a While.   LOL.  Backpack blower would be nice though. Maybe in the fall.
                                                                     Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
robmints

Reply #35   Apr 30, 2005 6:15 pm
Is there a little room in the neighbor lady's shed? Maybe try to hold on to it for a while to do the jobs (like through the woods) that you might not want to do with the new one.
Vangellis

Reply #36   Apr 30, 2005 7:28 pm
robmints wrote:
Is there a little room in the neighbor lady's shed? Maybe try to hold on to it for a while to do the jobs (like through the woods) that you might not want to do with the new one.

I really do want to hold onto it for purposes like that.  Just thought I'd sell it  to get the bucks for some Accessories. For an LT it does some good grunt work. Little lug tires would look nice. I'm sure she would let me keep it there. I kept the parts mower in there for the winter. It definetly has the room. Heres a pic from last winter of her barn/garage.

Simplicity Conquest
robmints

Reply #37   Apr 30, 2005 7:42 pm
You have three tractors each with a perfectly good set of tires. And you want different ones. You sound like a woman shopping for shoes.

Sorry Kevin, couldn't resist.

Pauls, Sherri, no offense, eh?
Vangellis

Reply #38   Apr 30, 2005 7:50 pm
I just mentioned to my wife about about keeping the old tractors, and she made those googely eyes at me again, just shook her head and walked away...still with a smile though.  What a gal.   LOL

Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
robmints

Reply #39   Apr 30, 2005 7:57 pm
If she brings a cold one back the next time through the room, she's a keeper.

You could always do what we used to do,  just tell her it's not really yours, you are holding it for a friend.
Vangellis

Reply #40   Apr 30, 2005 8:23 pm
robmints wrote:
If she brings a cold one back the next time through the room, she's a keeper.

You could always do what we used to do,  just tell her it's not really yours, you are holding it for a friend.

Thats classic. LOL

Simplicity Conquest
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #41   May 1, 2005 11:28 pm
Nice place there Kevin.  Saweeet tractor!!   

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Replies: 32 - 41 of 41Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42