Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > lawn tractor speeds

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
millwright

MIllwrights keep the world running

lawn tractor speeds
Original Message   Apr 23, 2005 6:12 pm
any one no the raitos for a ride on tractor -lawnmower what speeds can i get out of a go kart with 1 with a 11-16 hp motor. hey dont be laughing schools almost done lots of time before hockey schools start.

millwright

Replies: 3 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
millwright

MIllwrights keep the world running

Re: lawn tractor speeds
Reply #3   Apr 23, 2005 8:08 pm
Thanks guys torque O verters i have used  was tossing around some ideas may use 1 out af a sled motor and all.

millwright

skyking3

Reply #4   Apr 25, 2005 6:19 am
any way to mount a live axle................

you could then choose your ratio.....................

running go karts , a 14 tooth clutch gear with a 64 rear gear got me 65 mph on a 1/8 high banked racetrack...................

thats with a 5 hp briggs horizontal.............

the Slingshot has a 10 tooth clutch drum with a 52 rear gear and gets 55-60 mph on a 1/4 mile track....................

thats with a 20 hp v-twin briggs horizontal.......................

i have a gear ratio chart somewhere from kart racing that will give ratios if you need it........

bill

This message was modified Apr 25, 2005 by skyking3
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #5   Apr 25, 2005 10:18 am
My kids Odyssey has a 12HP engine and goes over 60MPH.  You can soup it up to go even faster.  Other kids ATV has a 150 cc enfgine goes about 55, soooooo   you can probably get about 70 or so out of that if ya gear it rite.   Have fun!!!
Termy

Reply #6   Apr 25, 2005 1:54 pm
Well, I did not know you were going to actually race these things. See, I thought you were just trying to build a joy ride vehicle. Your actually trying to race, well I guess Skyking knows all the ins and outs of that ha? Well, happy racing!

Replies: 3 - 6 of 6Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42