Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > 1/3 Acre Lawn On A Hill

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mml4

Snow is good,
Deep snow is better!

1/3 Acre Lawn On A Hill
Original Message   Apr 21, 2005 10:33 pm
Hi Guys!

The lawn in question is steep enough so that I would want a pressure lubrication engine. Originally thinking of the Exmark Metro 26 as suggested by Mints a few weeks ago but the lawn is more than I would care to cut with a walk behind.  Looking at the Kohler powered Simplicity Coronet with Hydro transmission and twin blades as well as the Kohler powered  Snapper with Disk Drive and single blade. The property has about six 40 ft Beech trees that need to be cut around as well as various flower beds and a childrens swing set / play center. I don't know if it is significant but the Coronet is 2" lower than the Snapper  and also has a floating  deck design.Having no experience with riders I would welcome any and all suggestions.

In addition it appears they are doing the same fudging of the HP ratings on the lawn equiptment that we discoverd on the snow blowers. The FJ 180 Kawi on the Toro ProLine 22177 is called a 6.5HP while the same engine on the Exmark Metro 26 is called a 6HP. Exmark is owned by Toro.

Marc 

This message was modified Apr 21, 2005 by mml4

SnapperV210P,Toro22177,TroyBilt42010Snowthrower,Craftsman Shredder,American Turbo Pressure Washer HondaGX200,Stihl011Saw,EchoPas260Trimmer Edger,EchoPB602Blower,EchoHCR150Hedge Clipper
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Replies: 1 - 9 of 9View as Thread
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42