Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Help on Lawn Tractor Purchase

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Griffdogmaster

Help on Lawn Tractor Purchase
Original Message   Apr 15, 2005 3:49 pm
I mow close to acre, which is relatively flat and open but has some trees and other obstacles to go around (no fences or gates to deal with).  I tow a dump cart with topsoil or rocks a few times a year as well.  I usually bag the grass clippings.  I currently use an old 40" 12hp Murray that I am getting tired of repairing.  I was looking to spend $1500-2500 on a new rider.  I have 3 questions for the experts:

1.  Should I look for a 42" or 48" mower?

2.  I have looked at a Husq YTH 2048 with a 48" cut and 20hp Briggs ELS which is on special for $1900 including the 3 bin bagger, the 1542XP with the 42" cut and 15hp Kawasaki which is $2270 with a 2 bin bagger, and the 1848XP with the 18HP Kawa and 48" cut for $2569.  Do you think the 1848XP is worth a 35% premium over the 2048 with the Briggs?

3.  What else should I be looking at in this price range?

Thanks.

Replies: 13 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
sc872

Re: Help on Lawn Tractor Purchase
Reply #13   Apr 18, 2005 10:00 pm
I purchased a Cub Cadet  2544 today and have to say after looking at the huskys and other brands it was a really easy decision for me to make this purchase.  I have owned the lower end mowers before and I dont want to own them any longer.  Looks like Cub put some really nice features on these mowers.  Make sure you look at them before you buy any thing else.
Replies: 13 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42