Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > ...Finally, The chainsaw money comes in.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
PaulR

Browns, Cavs, Indians...just wait till next year!

...Finally, The chainsaw money comes in.
Original Message   Apr 18, 2005 9:49 pm
Have not been here in a while, my last post gave me some good feedback though.   I had posted about loaning a co worker/higher level mgr my Husqvarna 036 saw and him returning it to me mangled.   I got a lot of advice about not loaning tools, and I guess it just took me the hard way to find out how true that advice is.  He paid me the $100 and I went out and bought a new Husqvarna 340 from my local dealer in Chardon, Ohio.  My old saw was in pieces from them trying to diagnose the problems.  I still have all the pieces, and am wondering if this saw is worth fixing (dealer said cylinder compression was fine).  I'll have to bring the fax home from work to list the parts, but the price the dealer gave me was about $95 for the parts, and about the same for labor (hence the purchase of the new saw).  Any idea if people buy saws, like old cars, for parts?

Thanks,

Paul R

John Deere GT 225 and 2305

Husqvarna 340

Honda UMK432LTA Trimmer

Bombardier Outlander 400XT

Briggs & Stratton Powerwasher to clean them all with.

Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: ...Finally, The chainsaw money comes in.
Reply #1   Apr 18, 2005 10:21 pm
Paul, congrats on your new saw!

People buy anything for parts! Put it on Ebay.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Re: ...Finally, The chainsaw money comes in.
Reply #2   Apr 19, 2005 1:43 am
I would just keep it as a parts saw.  Ya break a small part on your other, ya got a quick fix(carb, bar, chain, gas tank, whatever!!!).  Let it double as a nice halloween decoration addition in the off season.  I have a nice dead guy weilding chain saw w/ strobe light on my porch and chain saw audio. 
Replies: 1 - 2 of 2View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42