Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Honda Mini Tiller - PRI-G Update.

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Honda Mini Tiller - PRI-G Update.
Original Message   Apr 16, 2005 4:34 pm
Hi...

Synopsis...

Honda FG100 4-stroke mini-rototiller...

Manual says drain gas tank for storage... not for me...   1st winter... stored with  tank full with Stabil stabilizer... would not run... carburator replaced under warrenty...

Winter-2... stored with tank full with PRI-G stabilizer... started 1st pull... ran fine...

Winter-3... stored with tank full with PRI-G stabilizer... started 1st pull... ran fine... but throttle sticking open... sprayed lube into carb... all is fine...

Suprised it started 1st pull with old gas in it... maybe I'll drain the gas and run it dry this winter...

Also... Craftsman 21" mower... sat all winter with gas and PRI-G in it... started after a few pulls... runs OK... 2nd year for this scenerio...

I'm stickin' with PRI-G... whether it makes the difference or not... Thanks to Bobby P for turnin' me onto it !

Dave...

This message was modified Apr 16, 2005 by Dave___in___CT

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Re: Honda Mini Tiller - PRI-G Update.
Reply #1   Apr 16, 2005 4:38 pm
I use it too, and it makes a world of difference to me.  Sometimes I can hear the engine running a little rich, and it pops sometimes when at idle.  With regular gas it doesn't to this, so it has to be the PRI-G doing something.

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

uc113

Reply #2   Apr 17, 2005 9:34 pm
I also swithched to PRI G.  Lawnmower started on the second pull, riding mower on the turn of the key, blower, edger, and weed whacker started right up.  I could never saay that before when I used stabil.  I also used it in all the gas I treated last summer for my equipment and it all seemed to run better.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #3   Apr 17, 2005 10:50 pm
Me too......
I bought the quart of PRI-G...does 512 gallons........(for those of you wondering, that's 2cc, or 2ml per gallon.)
I just never got to do anything with my Shindy T230 weedwacker last fall.......but even with the old gas in it, it started the first time.

I'm beginning to think if everyone used PRI-G in their OPE, the repair people would be out of business!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42