Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Rolled and dethatched.......something to do.....

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Rolled and dethatched.......something to do.....
Original Message   Apr 12, 2005 7:12 am
Well,
I have not rolled the lawn for years.I know there are heated debates on if it is good or not........but this year the lawn just seemed "more lumpy" then usual, so I rolled it.
Then by brother brought over his dethatcher.......so I tried it.
Rakes up the lawn and dead stuff pretty well, seems to prepare it for fertilizer/weed control well too.
I like it enough to buy one, but then I remembered....hey, I got my brothers, so i'll just take it whenever I want it.............!

It's not supposed to rain now until next week.......so later on this week I'll put down the fertilizer and weed control........I think we will be mowing by the end od the week also!

Maybe I'll get the wife to snap some pictures of the bad boy.............(the bad boy being the eXmark...not me....! )

All  OPE is ready to go...........even took down the snow fence the other day!

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Rolled and dethatched.......something to do.....
Reply #1   Apr 12, 2005 10:44 am
Sir Faithful, sounds like you have all of your ducks in a row.  I would like to see some Exmark pics, that's a bad boy!
Paula

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet,
enough trials to make you strong,
enough sorrow to keep you human and
enough hope to make you happy.

Reply #2   Apr 12, 2005 2:10 pm
Awww...C'mon Frank.....lets see pics of ALL the bad boys (you could even throw in some pics of those ducks in a row...)
robmints

Reply #3   Apr 12, 2005 7:16 pm
Frank,

I like to aerate, overseed with starter fertilizer mixed in, then roll. Usually works real well. The seed is in good contact with the ground, and the plug holes give the lumps somewhere to squish.
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42