Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > head

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
cminds

head
Original Message   Apr 11, 2005 10:57 pm
 I am looking for a head for a K361s kohler engine, preferrably one that is complete. Used or brand new would be fine. If there are salvage yards please let me know. This engine is on  GT18 Ariens tractor w/loader and need to get it running again. Thanks
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
robmints

Re: head
Reply #4   Apr 12, 2005 5:45 pm
Kevin, I modified the the link address to be a little shorter, hope you don't mind.

Marshall, I think you can get short blocks pretty easy. Heads? Not so sure. I thought Will had a 321, wonder if he knows of a head?
robmints

Reply #5   Apr 12, 2005 7:27 pm
cminds

head
Original Message   Today 7:18 pm
I
Make topic sticky Make topic sticky Lock topic Lock topic Move topic Move topic
Delete Delete Edit Edit Quote Quote
In response  to Marshall this engine was overhauled maybe 7-8 yrs ago and is in good condition,except for the head. Doesn't use oil, so throwing it out really is not an option. thanks for the replys I'll keep looking
This message was modified Apr 12, 2005 by robmints
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #6   Apr 12, 2005 8:41 pm
i beleive the 361 is the overhead valve engine isnt it...18 horse.

same size piston and such as the 16 but more efficient because of the ohv.

whats wrong with your head ,not repairable.

there is a group on yahoo that has a lot of members who pull the old kohlers in cub tractors you might try there.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #7   Apr 12, 2005 8:45 pm
cminds,

Here's why I suggested that, your last 3 posts. You stated the engine and carb are obsolete, I don't know if you have found a replacement carb yet? You said the valve guide is done in, I don't know if you have found a replacement for that either? I am assuming that Kohler was no help? Seemed like you're having trouble. If I find something I'll post it.

carburator
#4   Mar 18, 2005 9:12 pm
can anybody tell me where I can get a replacement carb for a K361 18hp Kohler engine? My understanding is this engine and carb are obsolete. This engine is on a GT18 Ariens garden tractor. I hate to replace the engine, it runs good (when the carb was good) and doesn't use any oil. I have a Johnson loader on it plus use it to till gardens with the tractor.

Re: carburator
#3   Mar 19, 2005 6:35 am
They do make a carb for the K361,but it is smaller so you're not going to get the power that it had. Thanks for your help,maybe I'll give Kohler a call and see if they will help me.

head for kohler
#2   Apr 8, 2005 6:50 am
Does  anybody know if I can still get parts for a K-361  Kohler engine? The valve guide on the exhaust side came loose and damaged the head beyond repair. I was told that you couldn't get parts any more for this engine. thanks for your help.

This message was modified Apr 12, 2005 by Marshall
Vangellis

Dream more easy in the chair that really fits you.

Reply #8   Apr 13, 2005 1:28 pm
robmints wrote:
Kevin, I modified the the link address to be a little shorter, hope you don't mind.

Marshall, I think you can get short blocks pretty easy. Heads? Not so sure. I thought Will had a 321, wonder if he knows of a head?

Not at all. I should probably practice doing that myself by renaming the link,

Thanks,   Kevin

Simplicity Conquest
Marshall

Reply #9   Apr 13, 2005 6:38 pm
cminds,

PecanmanWill did some prowling around for you and found the following, you might want to follow up.

"Precise Engine Repair" mail@perr.com

unit:  Kohler
model:  K-361

Comments:  I need a cyl head for one.  Please tell me if they are available and how much.

Answer:  I would need your engine numbers. I know the exhaust valve is not available and the head is a bare head. Bruce - PER

Thank you Will, you're a good egg! 
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #10   Apr 17, 2005 7:08 am
Wonder if cminds ever heard from the source that stated they had the bare head.  Hate to see a good engine down for want of parts---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Marshall

Reply #11   Apr 17, 2005 12:31 pm
pecanmanwill wrote:
Wonder if cminds ever heard from the source that stated they had the bare head.  Hate to see a good engine down for want of parts---Will

Will, who knows?
cminds

Reply #12   Apr 21, 2005 12:17 am
sorry i haven't replyed sooner, but  i found a kohler dealer where i live and he has been in contact with the company and he is trying to get prices for me. They have either the bare head or a complete head. I appreciate the help,though.
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Reply #13   Apr 21, 2005 6:53 am
cminds---I hope he comes  thru for you and you can get your engine going.  May God bless you in the effort and we will converse later---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Replies: 4 - 13 of 13Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42