Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Time to get the summer OPE ready for use....

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Time to get the summer OPE ready for use....
Original Message   Apr 9, 2005 10:11 pm
Well guys,
The last pile of snow melted this week, and soon we will get to mow, etc.
I started to summerize the snowblower today.
I changed the oil in my pressure washer.
Got out the Shindiawa trimmer......after sitting in the garage all winter with the old fuel in it, (Stabilized with PRI) it started up great the first time.
I changed the oil in my old 1987 Toro walk behind. sprayed engine cleaner on it and will finish cleaning all of it tomorrow. I'll sharpen and balance the blade, change the plug and get that ready...maybe clean the bowl and carb, etc.
I cleaned the exmark. Tomorrow I'll change the oil/filter, install a new set of blades, etc.

It will be in the low sixties tomorrow, so I'll powerwash the deck and porch and the rototiller and anything else that looks dirty and gets in the way.

I also need to change the oil in the rototiller. bought it two years ago, but only use it about 5 hours if that a year.  6 hp 26" craftsman with reverse.....has a B+S engine on it.....always starts easy......I really like it....it's the only B+S engine I have, but it seems to work well.

TAKE CARE OF YOUR EQUIPTMENT AND IT WILL TAKE CARE OF YOU.

Mowing here does not start for a few weeks yet, and friends and neighbors laugh at me getting things ready "early".  When the grass is 6 " high, it's not a good time to see if things you have not touched for 6 months still work......I'd rather know now if something needs to be fixed when I still have a few weeks to buy parts and fix it.

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Re: Time to get the summer OPE ready for use....
Reply #1   Apr 9, 2005 10:25 pm
Hey Frank, I 'm just being nosey, what model Exmark do you have? Also what blades do you run on it? Brand and style? The only blades i can get to cut good on mine are the drop blades, I don't know the brand though. Later Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
faithfulFrank

He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
to gain what he cannot lose....

Reply #2   Apr 10, 2005 11:06 am
Hey Mike,
I have a 2003 eXmark Lazer Z HP 52" ZTR........I have been using the stock blades I get from my exmark dealer, but have thought about trying a few others, like the gators, etc.
It's all ready for another mowing season........

Frank D.

Ariens 1332DLE Pro, Exmark 52" HP ZTR, Gardian Generac generator, Shindiawa T230  Excell/Honda PW, Craftsman rototiller, Favorite IPE- My Mac + Ipod- No Windoze for me!
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #3   Apr 12, 2005 8:34 pm
hi Frank...

you mentionend you might power wash the tiller...is it a rear tine unit ?

if so you just need to be carefull not to blow the gasket between the transmission case halves.

i have seen tranny failures caused by this. im thinking you already know this but i thought i would add my 2 cents anyway.

later chris  

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42