Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > Problem with a JD

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Problem with a JD
Original Message   Apr 9, 2005 8:28 am
Hey guys,  My dad bought that John Deere lt110 about 4 months ago. Well he has only used it about 7 times and his yard is only about 1/2 acre. The other day he was dumping his bags and all of a sudden it started making a terrible sound from the rear end and it would'nt move. So the next day he took it to the dealer down the road they said the belt came off. Well he got it back and now when it is in netural running it makes all kinds of noise in the rear end still. I beleve he is gonna take it back to them.  Anyone ever heard of this before?  Later Mike                                       [ The mower was bought from HD]

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Re: Problem with a JD
Reply #1   Apr 9, 2005 11:05 am
Sounds like bearings? I would take it to the dealer and have it looked at, it needs to be right and it has a warranty for this reason.
Bill_D

Nice day for a mow!!

Reply #2   Apr 9, 2005 3:23 pm
Actually, it sounds like they adjusted your belt to tight.  Meening when your in drive it's fine, but neutral belt should be slipping, but if it's to tight, it will rub, and make an awful sound.  Try engaging it in drive, then off the throttle, over and over, see if it(noise) stops at all.  Also do you smell any rubber burning??   Either way call the dealer and have them fix it, but it sounds like that belt is not adjusted properly. 
Dave___in___CT

Deliberate often...
...decide once...

Reply #3   Apr 9, 2005 5:09 pm
Hi...

Adjustment is key w/ belts !

Dave...

Whether you think you can or you can't... you're right.
Henry Ford

BCS Tractor & snowblower

mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #4   Apr 9, 2005 7:06 pm
Hey guys , Thanks ill  tell my dad about that belt tension.  Sorry I did'nt responed earlier I picked up 3 more yards today .    Later Mike

Exmark 48inch & Bridges 36inch walkbehind, Scotts 21 inch walk behind mower,Husqvarna trimmer and blower, Echo PE200 edger,Weedeater & Stihl HL45C hedge trimmers,Echo CS440 chain saw and a Stihl HT101 power pruner, and a El Cheapo pressure washer.
snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #5   Apr 12, 2005 8:37 pm
just curious ...is the tractor a hydro and if so is there 1 idler and tenisoner for the drive belt.?

later chris 

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
mikefla1

Let's get it!!!

Reply #6   Apr 12, 2005 9:21 pm
Hey Snow, It is hydro but I'm not sure about the rest I'm going over there thrus I can get more info about it. if he hasn't taken it to the dealer again already.  

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #7   Apr 13, 2005 7:23 pm
the drive belt should be tight all the time,not sure why it would come off at any time.

if the neutral release (lever that lets you move it around while not running ) is knocked open ,like when dumping grass bags it will make a horrible noise.

you might want to just do a quick check there to make sure its in all the way.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
Replies: 1 - 7 of 7View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42