Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > snow blower storage?

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jgreen

snow blower storage?
Original Message   Apr 4, 2005 5:01 pm
Over this past winter I have "inherited"  two  two stage blowers  .   The first is a 1980 yardman  5 hp   and the second is a 1978 Bolens.    With help from the group I have the  yardman in good running shape  . and plan to   do the same with the Bolens this spring/summer. (it has been sitting unused for several years :(  ).

My first concern is how to store these things??     I dont have a garage and my shed is only  8x10.  I think I can get one it there and  still have room for my mower etc.
I dont have a lot of cash to spend on a new shed  so I am looking for some low cost options    .   I am thinking  ... tarps  ,   covers     lean to   carport style roof?????

I would like to hear any ideas  costs pros and cons   etc.

thanks

John G

John
Scotts 21" self propelled  mower
MTD  4.5 HP single stage snow thrower
Snapper 3 HP single stage snow thrower
Yardman 5HP two stage snowblower
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
robmints

Re: snow blower storage?
Reply #1   Apr 4, 2005 7:44 pm
I kind of like the lean to idea. Keeps it out of the rain, and sun, but still lets air circulate around it. I change and drain. But that is your choice.

I think if it was me I would build a shelf or deck so I could store one machine on the floor and stack the lighter machine over top of it, so both could be in the shed.
Marshall

As Long As There Are Tests, There Will Be Prayer In Public Schools. ;- )

Reply #2   Apr 4, 2005 7:53 pm
Here's one option for you, a good tarp a cheaper option but not as nice.

www.jackssmallengines.com/ honda_snowcover.cfm

Another option......

http://www.homegardenandpatio.com/cat.cgi?s=PC577&c=outdoor_furniture_cover

And another....

Improvements Catalogue
Dave

Craftsman 88799

Reply #3   Apr 4, 2005 10:08 pm
Jgreen, I think that snowblower covers are available on the Sears and MTD websites. Another solution is to buy a snowmobile cover, I use one of those and it works great!
Replies: 1 - 3 of 3View as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42