Abby's Guide to Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more)
Username Password
Discussions Reviews More Guides
Abby’s Guide > Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) > Discussions > First Grass Cut in Delaware

Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Discussions

Search For:
jubol

First Grass Cut in Delaware
Original Message   Mar 30, 2005 4:24 pm

I just finished my first grass cutting of the year!! Had to bag it!

My MTD 12 year old lawn tractor started on the first crank!!

Thank God!!

No more snow blowing!!!

Fred 

This message was modified Mar 30, 2005 by jubol

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
pecanmanwill

got a dog named Devon and a cat named Scooter and a She cat named Fluffy

Re: First Grass Cut in Delaware
Reply #2   Mar 30, 2005 6:38 pm
Fred and Marshall---With the warm weather and the rain, grass cutting is in full swing in Northeast Louisiana.   I do love the season however.  Went back to see my Doctor today for my first check up since my operation (Been a little over 7 weeks).  He found my progress very good and He gave me the go ahead to drive my cars and to mow if I had a rider that was easy to steer and operate.  I gave him  my word that I did have one.    Can,t wait to get that 52" Murray built Stanley out in that pecan orchard.  I had to promise I would be very carefull which I did.  ----Wish you the best and will talk later---Will

Will--sometimes called pecanmanwill
Emmo

Reply #3   Mar 30, 2005 6:43 pm
Glad to hear you're back in the saddle Will!!

That's got to feel great!!
Smitty

"He who dies with the most toys/tools wins!"

Reply #4   Mar 30, 2005 7:40 pm
Damn I'm envious guys! Cutting grass, hell, I've still got some snow in the yard in the shady spots. Even if it was melted it wouldnt' be any better because everything is still so wet and the grass is not growing really  yet her in the mid part of CT.

I do remember years when I cut the grass on April 1'st and many more where I at least put down fertilizer on April 1'st. NOT THIS YEAR!

Ariens 824 Sno Thro, Toro 18" Gas Trimmer, Craftsman 3.5 HP 9" Edger/Trimmer, Echo SRM230 Trimmer/Brush Cutter, Toro 21" Recycler II Mower, Craftsman 8.5 HP Chipper/Shredder, Craftsman 25cc GAs Blower/Vac, Husky Y1000 Air Compressor, Homelite EZ ChainSaw, Husky Chain Saw
ChrisS

Appreciate what you have already been blessed with.

Reply #5   Mar 30, 2005 8:03 pm
I've got at least two feet still on my lawn.  I have found most of my drive though......

We are good for at least one more big storm in April but I could be wrong which would be fine with me lol....

C

Honda 928TA, Ariens 924 STE, Toro single stage S-620, 95 Jeep Wrangler with a 6 foot Fisher Plow, many shovels, one 14 year old boy.  Craftsman 01 1000 LTX pimp Gold LT 20hp Briggs OHV V-twin.  Tough as it is ugly.
AJace

I have an Ariens 926 Pro because I like Orange

Reply #6   Mar 31, 2005 1:07 am
I was just admiring the green color and the height in some areas of the lawn myself.  I took the LT1000 out and took the deck off and cleaned it.  I also installed the hourmeter/tachmeter.  Next is a wash and wax. 

Ariens 926 DLE Professional; Toro S200; Craftsman LT1000, Echo ES-230;

Majorxlr8n

Reply #7   Apr 1, 2005 11:39 am
Good deal Fred! Nothing like some "OPE seat time" to end those winter doldrums!!!

Will - Glad to hear you are getting stronger! Get out in those pecan fields & have fun (within reason)!!!

Marty

snowshoveler

tides in dirts out surfs up

Reply #8   Apr 1, 2005 7:20 pm
lawn...sheesh i got 4 acres of trees and no grass at all.

im still trying to figgure where to put a lawn.

and im gonna be a while clearing the stumps out when i cut down the trees i dont want.

later chris

craftsman 10/28 snowblower with tracks   husky 372xpg chainsaw   sachs dolmar bc212 bushsaw   mondo trimmer   monster tractor with trailer    cheep wheelbarro and couple shovels and a partridge in a pear tree 
jubol

Reply #9   Apr 2, 2005 6:31 am
 Snowshoveler,

On your stumps, hire someone with a "Stump Grinder". They do a great job!!

Fred  

Husqvarna STE927(11.5HP) snowblower,  MTD Pro Series 18/42 Lawnmower, MTD 6.5 HP  Self Prop Lawn Mower,  Weedeater 1500 Blower, Web Gensis  2000 
Termy

Reply #10   Apr 2, 2005 5:33 pm
For the past 8 years, we have been getting early spring every year! Meaning, I usually do my first mow in Febuary and we hardly have any snow in the winter. Thats why you never find people with snowblowers in Washington state. I am usually fine with this because what little snow we do get, melts really quick so there are not really any jobs for me to do. But when spring comes around, I have jobs YAY lol.

Anyway, I am on my 3rd mow now and have already done some services for my cliants. Ajace, glad to see that your keeping your equipment maintained! They last longer when you baby them and die quick when you don't lol. I hope everyone has a great summer!

Dave

Craftsman 88799

Reply #11   Apr 4, 2005 10:10 pm
The snow has just melted where I am, but cutting grass is at least a month away yet!
Replies: 2 - 11 of 11Next page of topicsPreviousAllView as Outline
Outdoor Power Equipment (Lawn Mowers, Snow Blowers, Chain Saws and more) Guide   •   Discussions  Reviews  
AbbysGuide.com   About Us   Terms of Use   Privacy Policy   Contact Us
Copyright 1998-2024 AbbysGuide.com. All rights reserved.
Site by Take 42